Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype fish

[img]../images/protofish1.jpg[/img]

This is a prototype fish for testing boards and transducers. All materials are aluminum. Easy to work with and inexpensive. The main body is 7 x 2 x 37. Welded to it are 6 trusses on each side that support the sides from being pushed in from the pressure. The trusses also hold the transducers in place. Over the trusses is a cowling, partly removed for clarity. Weight can be fitted in-between the trusses.

Prototype fish pic2

[img]../images/protofish2.jpg[/img]

This view shows the three 6 x 9 boards inside. The battery would go up front and all internals would slide out the back on a rack, threw the only watertight hatch. The ducer cables and fiber optics come in threw the bulkhead fittings on the hatch. The tail is 4’ long and is removable via bolts.

Comment

Re: Prototype fish pic2

Tod,

What is the purpose of each board? Are there boards available that will serve the same purpose, but smaller?

Thanks,

Patrick

Comment

Re: Prototype fish

You should be more concerned with electronic design so you can see more than a fishfinder does IEThe Bottom)and less time making pretty pictures.

Just a observation.

Comment

[img]../images/168-4460.jpg[/img]

test tank data

Comment

This fish is designed to support Jan's work. He asked for a space to house three boards and a battery. My expertise is in mechanical design and fabrication. So if I could help by building a prototype fish than Jan could concentrate on the electronics. I could sell the fish to Jan for cost of materials, in return he could do the same for me on the boards once he finalizes the design. I can also fabricate the transducer.

Comment

Working...
            X