am I way Off base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I way Off base

I am going to try to make a side scan fish that rotates 360. I picked up 3 switch that have 4 contacts rated for 1 MHz two are rated at 30anp at 500 volts and two are rated at 3 amps at 500 volts the contacts are mercury with a .001 ohm. The contacts never open because they are made only for rotating. Next I am going to make a top water float that will hold the switch and my array one feet underwater. I’m thinking I should rotate the array at 6 RPM. If someone think I’m barking up the wrong tree please tell me. If anyone has a suggestion I’m all ears. Why am I wanting to make a sonar to see 360 ? The way I see it if I’m not moving I will not get a scan but if the array was moving then I would. I don't know if I could tell heads for tails. The water I would use it in is 25 feet and less and full of trees so pulling a fish would not work. Here in Louisiana the water is not deep. Like I say If I’m way Off base here I would like to know.

Re: am I way Off base

I am trying to make something similar for use in the north when doing ice rescue for people under ice. I was looking at about the same rpms, but I haven't been able to do much besides designs and searches for schematics for controlling the systems. I'll let you know if I find or design anything more.

Chief

Comment

Working...
    X