Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows app

I got my 32 bit dll wrote for my windows app

This dll is a multidimensional array that stores data coming from a 50 MHz BS2SX-IC com port. If anyone would like a free copy I will email it to you with a text file on how to make the calls to it. My windows app will display this data. I hope to have it complete in a few weeks. Here’s how I plan to get my echo data. I will fire my array using the BS2SX-IC then sample. Next I will add time to my echo sample time then repeat the firing step once I covered my range I will step the steeper motor that holds the array and start the process over again. The dll array will only store the strength of the echo. The windows app will display the array data onto the screen as a colored pixels. I’m starting off on a small scale to get everything working then I will step up to more power. My first scan will be in my back yard. To build A sonar for air is low dollar and for testing a idea it makes good sense. The echo is also 4.67 times slower. I will also email you the print of my sonar circuit for air. If anyone has a questions about my project I’ll try my best to answer them.

Re: Windows app

That’s a good idea to use air ducers. I did the same when I worked on a buoy release system programming pics. I could debug the program (timing and circuit) with out leaving my basement.

What is the BS2SX-IC ? I looked for it , and can’t find it. Is it right under my nose? I would like to see how to call your dll (text file) but I’m not a windows programmer. I’ve dabbled in assembly and C++ but haven’t done a windows app. And send a long the circuit, I would love to take a look at it.

Good luck,

Tod

[email protected]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Tod,

About the spikes, on the board Sture place on the forum there are 2 diodes switch anti-parallel (?)

This causes the inputs of the AD605 never to go higher than about 0.7 Volts.

Perhaps that is a solution for your problem.

How high voltage do you use to fire that array ?

Jan

Comment

Re: Diode protection

>About the spikes, on the board Sture place on the forum there are 2 diodes switch anti-parallel (?)

>This causes the inputs of the AD605 never to go higher than about 0.7 Volts.

Use Schottky diodes. Probably a diode from Vin to +V and a diode from ground to Vin so they're normally reverse-biased until the input exceeds the rail by about 200mV. Maybe this helps:

+V ---D1--- Vin ---D2--- GND

c a c a

where c is cathode and a is anode.

- Carl

Comment

Working...
            X