Degassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degassing

Does anyone know an easy basement tools degassing method?

Re: Degassing

Hi Brad,

You need a very strong vacuum to be able boil out all the air. Only a good industrial vacuum pump will work. And then you need a vacuum tight chamber with a window and vent so that you can control the pressure so that it won’t boil over. I find vacuum pumps at industrial surplus yards. To test, it should be able to boil water. Put a little water in a strong glass bottle and pull a vacuum on it and if you can get it to boil the pump is strong enough.

Tod

Comment

Comment

Comment

Some more details about my discussion with the Conap representative about EM-9..

He said that you want to use a vacum pump that can draw at least 28 inches of mercury, so Zedlav's contention that you need to get down to 100 torr is a little high, but not far off. (28 inches corresponds to 50 torr.)

He also said that there is usually one big bubble that 'pops' and then you are good to go. Did anyone see this happen?

He told me that the mixing tolerance was about 1 percent, so you probably want a scale that can deliver at least that much accuracy.

Again, I haven't yet touched the stuff, I am just passing on what the manufacturer said...

-Bob

Comment

vacumm is a relative measure---try to pull 28" at

mt mckinley..again it is a crude application for

vacuum---the exerted pressure at 150/100/50 torr

is little...

main point----excercise safty!!!

reg-rick

Comment

Working...
            X