Slip Rings for winch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip Rings for winch

I was looking further into the design of a winch, and it seems a big dollar item is a slip ring assembly for the winch.

The slip rings transfer the electrical signal from the rotating part to the stationary part, which would seem like a simple process, but asking around I coudn't find one for less than $750. (Maybe I should quit my job and go into the slip ring business!)

Anyway, if anyone has ideas or a design for a slip ring that we can make, please post your thoughts. (It would have to handle some salt water exposure.)

Thanks,

-Bob

Re: Slip Rings for winch

Comment

I see your point. I guess this is not that essential a component, so if I don't completely forget about it, It would certainly be an add on later.

I suppose another way to get most of the functionality would be to have a cable connector near the reel, diconnect the cable while doing the actual reeling, and then reconnecting the cable.

My main objective is to have something that is easy to use, doesn't make a mess and won't be hazardous if the waves get big. It sounds like either of our approaches can do this.

Thanks!

-Bob

Comment

Comment

Posted: 12th Mar 2011 15:31 Post subject: Does anyone else use a basic slip sinker rig?
          I have slip rings never used a fancy rig like I see the TV goobers using. The only rig I use is a basic slip sinker rig. First thing on the mainline is an egg sinker of your choice (I have no need for more than a 3/4 ounce unless the water if high and running fast), a soft rubber egg bead, a #7 black crane swivel with a 44 lb test black split ring attached to the end that the hooklength is attched to, and a hooklength and hook. It is as safe as can be. If the line breaks while fighting a fish there is no way that the lead would stay with the fish. This is as easy and inexpensive a rig as the come.

Comment

What is going on here?

One guys talking winches, then another slips in a advertisement talking about fishing.

Comment

Hi Bob

Here is a possible option for your request. I dont know the english name for such a plug, therefore the attached link. To go with these connectors are also gold-plated connectors.

mvh
              Rüdiger

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/7...&WT.mc_id=epro

Comment

Working...
              X