Arc-Geo Logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arc-Geo Logger

Does any one know the technology used on the Arc-Geo Logger from http://www.lrlman.com/Pages/Arc-Geo/Arc-geo.htm .
    Has they said any metal detector with audio output can work.
    The nice think is that this machine can log all the seach made on defined perimeter and after that you can plot the record data chart on you PC.
    The inventor saids that the circuit converts tha audio to numbers and with this you can plot a difined seach area.
    regards
    Nelson

It's a data logger. Basically, it converts the audio strength to some numeric value, and records the value in memory, Then you D/L the memory to software, and plot the values.

- Carl

Comment

The unit tracks the X, Y and samples from the detector. The software does the work for you. When you download from the logger the data goes directly into the software. There is nothing to plot, the software does it for you. All you have to do is look at the targets in the plot.

Tim

Comment

Howdy Carl and Tim , new guy here , is the above mentioned worth buying ??
        Been thinking about getting one
        Thanks
        Buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy58 View Post
          I don't own one, and Tim is the manufacturer. See if he'll give you a few customer references to call.

- Carl

Comment

Thanks Carl !

Comment

Buddy Email me [email protected] and I will give you some people to talk to.

Here's an example. Most people think 2-box detector only reach about 3-6ft. Targets have been recovered with the 2-box and the logger @ 13ft. A known depth of a man hole cover @ 16ft can be seen on the plot using the Arc-Geo Logger.

Tim

Comment

Hi
                If I connect the headphone jack on the metal detector to
                the microphone input jack on the my laptop, write some time the VB code,
                and the my geo logger will be reаdy. Why not?

Comment

Tim

when do you anticipate having a much larger memory capacity and the ability to input a GPS data stream ?
                  (better a DGPS, I have an Ag GPS 114)

I'm thinking a shaft mounted accelerometer input would be sweet to permit swinging the coil as with a conventional detector, then one could actually plot the zigzag coil movement along the line. (Yes, cal the accelerometer to reflect the actual swing/location, could be done in software I suspect.)

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy58 View Post
                    Thanks
                    Buddy
                    I own it and I like it.

Pros: Easy to use, very rugged, well built, works with many different brands of detectors, dedicated software for downloading including Snuffler, ArcheoSurveyor and Tim's proprietary DL software, upgradeable with various ad-ons, great customer support.

Cons: small memory, sample rate is not adjustable, stuck at 1 sample per/sec (even two readings per/sec would be nice), difficult to match readings from day to day if a large survey is undertaken and one plans to make a composite map of an area.

Overall, the logger is worth every dime. Some minor tweaks would make it perfect.

Comment

Geophyz, if you want an adjustable sample rate on your unit I can do that for you. I have a number of upgrades sense you purchase. Email me if you want to talk about it.

Tim

Comment

post #9

Tim
                        any response to post #9 ?

Comment

Bill The current logger was designed to use a GPS input. Of course the firmware would have to be changed for that purpose. The current version is doing so well I did not write the GPS version. Also I would have to purchase software to place the downloaded plot into a GPS posistion map or topo. If I did it thats the way I would like to do it.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Williams View Post
                            Geophyz, if you want an adjustable sample rate on your unit I can do that for you. I have a number of upgrades sense you purchase. Email me if you want to talk about it.

Tim
                            Like I said, great customer support!

Comment

Bill on the memory. The logger can log some very large grids. The grids are adjustable to the memory in each bank. You can use the whole bank on one grid if you want. But the important thing is that the sample space is the coil field size. So for a 2-box you can do 4- 20x20 yard grid in one bank or 1 - 20 x 100 yard grid or a 45x45. Thats a very large area. On the other hand if you are using the unit for evidence/police work, you would use a smaller coil maybe 12". So a 20x20 would be 400 square feet. I could up the memory size.

The only person so far I know of that uses all the memory in the field is Mr. Bob Brewer "hillbilly" Bob.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X