Lorenz Deep Max X3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lorenz Deep Max X3

Does anyone here own/use one or have heard how they perform , any comments and opinions welcome , is it another scam , or so so machine. I am looking for a replacement for my older than dirt two box
    Thanks
    Buddy

Buddy you should look at the depth test on the garrett xl500 110pps sea hunter on my site. A test was done on a old milk can buried at 5 feet using a 14"x18" and a 3ftx3ft coils I made.

Garrett XL500 Pulse Induction Detector
    Discrimination Tests
    Over milk can plot
    (Milk can buried 6 feet deep)
    Using ARC-Geo Logger to record Data
    Between each reading threshold was set with coil on top of a tent stake, 5 inches above ground.
    There was no metal reading from detector below this tent stake.

This data taken using 18 inch coil 5 inches above ground

Discrim. Average
    Setting Threshold Setting Data Reading above milk can
    E=0 10-21 399
    E=1 10-14 361
    E=2 12-17 327
    E=3 11-14 254
    E=4 10-17 247
    E=5 10-16 170
    E=6 10-14 123
    E=7 11-16 118
    E=8 9-13 94
    E=9 10-15 90
    E=10 10-12 90

Garrett XL500 Pulse Induction Detector
    Discrimination Tests
    Over milk can plot
    (Milk can buried6 feet deep)
    Using ARC-Geo Logger to record Data
    Between each reading, threshold was set with coil placed in same place on ground.
    There was no metal reading under this spot.

This data taken using 3 feet x 3 feet coil on sled 6 inches above ground
    Discrim. Average
    Setting Threshold Setting Data Reading over milk can
    E=0 10-17 951
    E=1 10-15 947
    E=2 9-17 940
    E=3 9-16 908
    E=4 11-17 827
    E=5 10-15 727
    E=6 10-16 642
    E=7 10-17 587
    E=8 12-18 541
    E=9 15-20 526
    E=10 10-16 525

Tim
    Last edited by Tim Williams; 01-17-2007, 03:33 AM. Reason: needed to line up text

Comment

Thanks Tim I am checking that out !

Buddy

Comment

Dear Buddy

Lorenz DeepMax is one of the powerfull metal detector that can ignore ground effect and has automatic ground balance.it goes very deep and you can't compare it with Garrett XL500.
        Garrett XL500 desigened for small target but a lorenz desigened mainly on big and deep target.
        if you have a 2 box detector a pulse induction detector like PSII or LORENZ or GENESIS ... is a good choice for open lands but for hard terrain you must keep your 2box!

regards

Comment

Great Alex, Go tp my site and read the report on the XL500 depth. We are not using a 8" coil. We have a 3foot coil and a 14x18" coil. I have people that were using the pulsestar, now use the XL500 and cost alot less than the deepmax or the pulsestar.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Williams View Post
            Great Alex, Go tp my site and read the report on the XL500 depth. We are not using a 8" coil. We have a 3foot coil and a 14x18" coil. I have people that were using the pulsestar, now use the XL500 and cost alot less than the deepmax or the pulsestar.

Tim
            Hi Tim. May you give us the address of your site ???

Comment

I completely agree with Great Alex.
              Tim, detecting at depth is not enough, reliability and precise detection is more important, one detector able to find not more than 40 Cm, but only be a real MD is much more better than a device which beeps for metals at greater depth + every non-metal manmade things ( bricks, ceramics or even mud-bricks) and most of minerals.
              as near as I know and have seen most of Garrett and White's devices do the second and most of users (here all users) are complaining of those.
              maybe the device you introduced (Garrett XL500) be good in coin shooting at surface, but doubt can find big targets at great depth like 15 feet or more, the job that Lorenz Deepmax or Genesis do as the best.

Comment

Well you can believe what you want. But it does not change the fact that the XL500 Garrett is a deep machine at 110pps using a 3foot coil. In the end if you want to spend that much money because of the brand, thats up to you. I added my link in my profile.

Tim

http://www.lrlman.com
                Last edited by Tim Williams; 04-07-2007, 07:34 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Understand this is a mike can 6 feet deep in the ground for over 3 years.
                  The value of 951 on the logger is like the can directly under the coil 2 inches! Even with the discrimation up to 10 the data read is 575! The XL500 would see that can at 12+ feet! Using the logger to grid a large area saves time and money.

Tim

E=0 Discrimination setting
                  10-17 No target threshold data reading
                  951 Target data reading over target!

Comment

deepthness of md using arcgeo logger

i beleive tim here is right that manufactured metal detectors detects much deeper than we humans perceive on our visual and hearing....since this machine indicator is to be sensed by our limited phyical capabilities....this geo logger makes our task lighten, furthermore, the electronic geo logger is much more sensitive than our human perception, i beleive a logger can sensed the slightes difference in audio signal for interpretation.....thus metal detectors detects more deeper....

my humble opinion

to tim w...

i have a pulse induction bought homemade....i have a problem stabilizing the audio output, the tone is constantly slowly changing......i mean the sensitivity does not stay...can this geo logger be effective to my p.i.?

thank you
                    gem2neophyte

Comment

Working...
                    X