Please help a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help a newbie

I am interested in purchasing an AR Vibroground 4 probe resistivity tester on ebay as they appear to be inexpensive and readily available. I have read the posts about building your own, but I am unexperienced with electronics and would rather focus my attention on learning to operate a resistivity meter and logging the data. Can someone please direct me to a site explaining the different arrays of electrodes (wenner,schlumber,dipole-dipole,etc..) and what is the proper method for locating treasure, caves, etc... I have seen the instruction manual for the GCG and have not previously read anything about taking readings in that particular format (6 different ways). How would one log the data in this format? How small of anomalies can be detected using a resistivity meter? If probe seperation is 10 feet and aprox detection depth is 5-6 feet, will anomolies at 1-4 feet register? Can I manually enter resistivity values into the datalogger software (freeware) that is available? LOTS of questions and more to come. Please help. Sorry for the long post. Regards, David

Here's a start:

http://appliedgeophysics.berkeley.ed.../dcem_bar.html

I would think a version of the Schlumberger method would be easiest. Yes, 1-4 foot anomalies is what I would expect. CGC? What is that?

- Carl

Comment

Hi, thanks for answering and for the link. GCG is Tim Williams "ground current generator" I don't know if I'm allowed to post links, but I found it at www.lrlman.com I'm just curious about the testing order (1-2,2-3,3-4,1-4,
      1-3,2-4) what does this accomplish? I think the accumeter has a similar style faceplate. are these 4 probe testers or 2 probe? What is the difference? I know you're not very impressed with the accumeter or its price tag. Is the AR Vibroground 293 an acceptable tester for treasure/cave hunting? Thanks again to Carl and anyone else who posts . Regards, David

Comment

Working...
      X