Gold Detection at Great Depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Detection at Great Depth

I recently inherited a few gold claims in Guyana South America. These claims produces gold grain ( dust) and nuggets, which is usually found between black sand and clay. The terrain in very rugged and have 2 rainy season per year, not to mention the depth they have found gold has been up to 50ft.
    There is so much machines out there ( metal detectors, GPR, Magnetometers and Soil conductivity sensors. Can any one shed some light on this . Any feed back will be helpful.

Skull

No geophysical technique is economical to locate gold dust or small nuggests. Most gold recovered by mining companies nowadays is measured in ounces per multiple tons of soil. The soil is piled up in massive piles and then the gold is leached out with acid. More gold is recovered from recycled electronics now than from mining.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Your two cents is very valuable indeed. But I email a company in Canada that makes a GPR ( PulseEKKO Pro) and ask then the same question and they suggested this machine. Have you hear anyting about this product.

The process currently being used to mine gold is to have an excavator clear and dig through about 50ft of overburden about 1/2 acre in diameter to get to the gravel which contains gold. Its a hit or miss process, sometimes the pit gives 200 ounces or 20 ounces. Establish mining comapnies are restricted from heavy mining due to environmental issues. What I am looking for is a product that could even the odds in helping me decide where is feasible to work or pass over.

Comment

Some ideas

Many prospectors will dig test pits to sample different areas before deciding where is the richest place to mine. This involves digging or boring a hole into the area to be sampled, and removing a small sample of the material at depth to get an indication of the gold content of the soil. A gamma ray detector can also be helpful in the holes dug or drilled to measure the strength of the gamma signature of gold in the soil surrounding the sensor. There is also a gamma ray detector that is able to tell the relative concentration of gold and other ores without digging, and can pinpoint ore deposits well over 30 feet deep when measuring from the surface. It seems that all of these methods are expensive, but maybe less expensive than digging aimlessly with heavy equipment.

Comment

Working...
        X