Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs advice about EVS 1500 f home building

Dear Friends:
    I apologize if I am asking a repeated question, but I am analyzing the possibility to build resistence metering equipment capable of detecting water 1500 feets deep inside ground (EVS electric vertical sounding). Perhaps still exits some project of this type. I would largely appreciate any advice about this. Although doesn't exist such a project, I would thank any information on the type of used instruments.
    My best regards.
    Roberto

This is done all of the time in geophysics, but I don't know if you want to do it as a home project. The reason is that you will need a lot of power. The electrode spacings will be huge as well so you will need a lot of wire. Go look at the Zonge website.

www.zonge.com

Comment

Home made project

Yes, I went out to help a friend who has such equipment, so I developed interest in the project. My friend told me that with his meter, he could not go beyond 1500 feets ground deep, and he asked me to find the reason. I would like to watch circuits and components and of course if possible theory about earth resistivity behavior related with this measurements. I do not want to compete with commercial quality, only built a home made meter capable to sense deeply.

Comment

Working...
      X