EPE Resistivity Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPE Resistivity Software

I have acquired a second-hand Resistivity logger built to the EPE plans. However when I attempt to download the data from the logger to the program, the program immediately informs me the first data was corrupt,this, before I attempt the download. In the article in EPE they say this can occur but rarely. It happens to me every time and on two separate computers with different operating systems. Any ideas? Secondly, does anyone know how to download from this logger direct to Snuffler? Lastly, what format are the files from this logger, txt. ? Just to clarify, this download problem occurs even if the logger is not connected. Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi Metwo,

Some EPE RM problems removing software found at:
    http://thunting.com/geotech/forums/a...4&d=1172869384

http://thunting.com/geotech/forums/s...ad.php?t=12521

RAEL

Comment

EPE Resistivity Software

This is From EPE PIC Mirror a free and public website. All pic hex files are there. If you still have a problem install a new pic chip and re-program. What is also very helpfull is to post a picture of the circuit board of your april 2003 earth resistivity logger circuit. But for now I hope that this helps you some . If not your device is from late 1990s Eugene
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello and thanks to both of you. I don't think its a pic problem as it occurs even if my logger is not connected. Rael, when I attempted to open your program I got a message stating " Component COMDLG 32 X' not correctly registered, a file missing or invalid. Please direct.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Metwo,

I think, You have problem with comdlg32.ocx,
          If the file have problem, you need to make copy of that file from the another
          PC or download from WEB.

For check of this file start run, and type:
          regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx
          System should say something as "..Succeeded. OK"

Comment

Hi Rael,

Thanks for the guidance. First the good news, you were right I did need that file comdlg32.ocx. With it I was able to open your program. Second good news,I was able to download to the EPE program by changing the COM port address in the settings file. It took 2 hours of trial and error to determine that. But only on my big PC, my laptop is still resisting me, but I am now sure its an address problem as well. Oddly I think it needs a different address. Now for the "bad" news, I can't download to your program and I suspect its an address problem as well. How do you change the port address's . I need h3F8 for instance. And to reveal my ignorance fully, your program converts the files to a format usable by Snuffler? Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Metwo,
              This software use the LPT (printer) port for data loading. The interface schematic is included in EXE file, see below. What COM port have your LAP? Some USB -UART adapters not support all eight signals. Solution: Buy and try, or connect the all DB9 pins to USB-UART chip port /disassembling is needed/. Also virtual COM ports obtain big numbers /COM7...COM13.../ who is not software friendly. If your LAP not have internal ports, and COM1, COM2 is free, is easy to change COMxx to COM1, 2 doing: Select Control panel, system, hardware, device manager, virtual com property /right mouse button/, port settings, advanced, change com port number to COM1 ot 2. Using the file type options, the program will make files to a format usable by Snuffler, Archeo Surveyor, etc.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rael,

My laptop does have a DB9 compatible port, I previously used it at work for a Leica total station program. I will try your suggestion. Thanks again and will let you know as I progress.

Comment

Working...
                X