Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does any one have a step by step gide for EPE meter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any one have a step by step gide for EPE meter?

hi. I purchased the two articles for the 2002 EPE meter, but I have no electronics experience. Does anyone have step by step tutorial type instructions for building the EPE meter? How many hours does it take? EPE no longer makes the PCB board; is that fairly easy to make oneself? I read that it can be done with printer toner? IS this correct?

Is this thing pretty much plug and play? By that I mean, I order all the listed components, solder them into the holes I drill into the PCB board (which I have to buy or make), order the pre programmed PIC from magenta and install, and voila?

I am sure I am oversimplifying this extensively, but I am trying to get a feel for what to do and how to do it, before committing to purchasing these components. The EPE article says 45 GBP, is that accurate? So around 115 dollars or so for the components?

Have any of you used the Geoscan RM15 meter? Is this thing at all comparable to it?

How about automatic data logging, or a multiplexor? Are these possible to build oneself as well? Does anyone know of schematics/parts list for these? Or must one buy them premade?

Thanks for reading, and hope someone can help me out!
Working...
X