Cave Finder (OKM )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cave Finder (OKM )

every time am working eith the cave finder is giving me the same picture. is this proplem with the cave finder or with the software am using Future Series - Visualizer 3D please help me what i have to do ?

Originally posted by rhrs2001 View Post
    every time am working eith the cave finder is giving me the same picture. is this proplem with the cave finder or with the software am using Future Series - Visualizer 3D please help me what i have to do ?
    Buy a reliable instrument?
    regards,

Comment

like what?

Comment

like what?
        A ground penetrating radar comes to mind, depending on the depth and the conductivity of the soil caves are relatively easy targets.
        Regards,

Comment

is this a software or new instrument?

Comment

is this a software or new instrument?
            Well, you are going to need both. An instrument to collect the data and to some extent to see directly in the field and a software to do some post processing if you want fancy mapping with GPS, time slices and all the other whistles and bells.
            The instrument you'd buy is very dependent on the estimated penetration depth you want to achieve, so be aware of false claims and salesmen BS. A good rule is to have someone to come to you and make a demonstration so you don't "buy a pig in a bag" as we say in Sweden.
            Regards,

Comment

be sure it's not a software problem cause the V3d is a normal software to create surface diagrams , and cave finder work with 4 probes and is a earth resistivity meter not a ground penetrating radar and it doesn't use EM wave.

the software use of interpolation method to separate distance between probes in 4 pieces and then give you a picture .

be sure that you place 4 rods in proper place in a square shape .

Comment

please post some of your scans and other information like distance between probes and soil kind

Comment

OKM? Myself and others, never had luck with OKM equipment. Bogus!

Comment

Hi

the OKM products are over price and they don't work as they advertised by the OKM company , but they work even as a low quality magnetometer .

using all the surveying tools with constant ground balance need some experience , that how you scan a place , what's best direction best size of scan area and distance between pulses .

all the OKM device show the cave and tunnel very well , they hardley detect metals unless the metal buried for a long time and has a strong halo effect.

but the most problem of folks with OKM device is not the device , it's vway to scan

all the OKM device detect object with a very small gain , the output of ADC vary very small smount when the sensore come above a target and then go out , the border of a weak signal of a hole and a strong signal of a shallow big metal is about 15 numbers for example 145~155 so signal for a normal ground is about 150 . so you should use some interpolation method and take many scan of a place ; the scan should be big as possible for example if the depth of target is about 3 meters the scan should ba at least 9m * 6m and maybe you need to use higher pulse distance up to 0.5m .

after taking this big scans and repeat it for at least 4 times and use interpolation method you could see the result .

if you use a vollyball net or something similar you couldn't reach the depth over 1 meter .

the software of OKM products are very basic and it's not suitable for further proccessing.

best regards
                    Alex

Comment

i am using the super sensor with scaning dirctly to the pc ok . evry time am scaning its showing there is somthing in but the depth never comes corect for ex. when i sacaned the first time it was 1.5m ok after i deg 3 m i scan it again and the depth show me 1.2m so what is the proplem. and if u can explain to me how i have to start the scaning ex. do i have to take the direction is serios like south north...etc. what is the first step is the scaning with super sensor is better? evry thing PLEASE.

Comment

HI

Scan in memory module then transfer your scan to pc and save the file you need at least 4 files (better 6 or 8 ) diffrent scans of your place with same place , you should repeat your scan

you could find nothing with okm supersensor in live mode unless it's depth was realy under 60cm.

before digging the place please pack your device and don't waste your time with further scan , cause it show nothing .

the scanning in the hole is totally wrong .

use greater dimention scan and repeat your scan always in memory module, maybe it takes many hours but you must be patient.

Comment

Cave finder

I have used this device.

It does not work well. When the electrodes in the ground I have start measurement several times on same place - the results are different (I have not change the position of electrodes). I think it is another way to make the money.

Comment

Working...
                          X