X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCG & Arc Geo logger

www.lrlman.com,
    I have bought GCG & Arc Geo logger
    Land (data logging with probes) --> GCG --> Arc Geo logger --> Archeo surveyor 2 --> 2DPlot

I have attached GCG probes to the land and connect it to the Arc geo logger, the problem is that Data (Z) which come from GCG is not stable and differs about 300, as a real test I will type the data sheet as below, data automatically change in a large scale and never fixed that I push the start key to log. As you explain in GCG manual, at the first it should be fixed (at least +- 3 that is ground ohm number) then we can start to logging and data, but the problem is the data Z never fixed around a number that we start to log, it varies in a large scale around 300, I can send all of my data logged in this case that anybody please look at the data and tell me that is wrong with your GCG device, is it damaged or is anything that we could do to fix it.

i do not know that system so if what i type sounds dumb i'm sorry

probes have good contact to the ground?
    salt water can help
    copper sulphate works
    3 meters of tin foil attached by wire to the probe soaked in water on the ground works well
    buckets filled wth leaking water from a small hole at the bottom works

Comment

ARCGEOLOGGER
      Actually i am experimenting with a Mini logger, it is a nice piece of electronic , very compact and easy to learn (after a day o so!!! ) now i can log every time and load my grid easily and fast BUT the PROBLEM it is for the accuracy, i did not have ...
      FIRST ... I discovered that the input is AC signal not DC ( Tim do not explain nothing about input specification)
      I made many experiments to see now that my unit did not show a great dynamic range here is a simple grid: from about 150 mV (log spread Row 1 -col 3 =9.00) to 1,600 V (Row4 -col1 = 1009) (500Hz Ac ) (see the photo) I increment 50 mV every case from case 1 to 8 and return etc....to the row 5 ,col 8 final case for 2,000 Volt in this example...
      I understand that the mini logger go to the audio input of the detector but with the treshold problem etc... and a range of about 1,500 Volt it is very low range ...
      What i want it is the full range of DC input to MICRO just like 0.000 V to 5.000V for my Minilogger . please Tim tell me if it is possible???
      I really apreciate your comments thank you,
      Alexis
      Attached Files

Comment

But really you will have also NICE picture like this of a small part of my garden I luse the Minilogger where you can see some target , thank you to the archeosurveyor software ...but i will imagine with a true logger accuracy of 0.000 Volts to 5.000Volts ,it will be another STORY
        Attached Files

Comment

Another test , I log every 25 mV from case R1 C1= 0.025V to R8 C1=2.000V Fcy 1000Hz, you can see very well that with the data grid when you have the data1100= 1.500V NOTHING CHANGE ,
          so the data mini logger work from 0.000V to 1.500V maximum,

I hope I will have soon my ARC-GEO MINI LOGGER working with more input with the help of Tim Williams creator of the Mini, please Help me!!!

http://lrlman.com/Pages/AG_Mini/AGM.htm

First Image it is the grid color generated by input from 25mV to 2.000V it is the black number in the case witch indicated input
          Second image it is the data generated by the minilogger
          Attached Files

Comment

The input to the controller is 0-5v. The unit is 10bit witch is 1024. Look at the data 1013. You can't go by the input signal. Try using pulsed dc PWM and see what you get.

Tim

Comment

Working...
            X