Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My resistivity meter project plus results

Hi:
    I built my resistivity setup from an amprobe megger. The jpg is the result from a 4 meter by 6 meter survey I did of an area with a known grave. It is setup in a 4 probe configuration. two fixed probes and two movable probes. Not bad for about a $400.00 investment. I use snuffler for the software. The grave is the red splotch in the center.

[/IMG]

Video of my meter in use.

I forgot I posted a video on youtube of the scan being done. I had my daughter do the scan and I filmed. (Way better to put her in front of the camera.)
    Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT5xYwi9lx4

Fitz.

Comment

Fitz, Nice work!

What are the approximate resistances for each color? Also what
      program did you use to plot your data?

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Fitz nice work , i can see a very good result with short probe , tell me how depth is the tomb. For the program did you know this better and free program the archeosurveyor light
        http://www.dwconsulting.nl/archeosurveyor.htm
        and for 3 D :
        http://www.falw.vu/~weej/index.htm

This two programs are easy to use and very quick to learn...

Comment

The tomb.

Its only about 24 inches to the top of the tomb. It is completely filled wih earth, no air space at all.

I used Snuffler and I don't have the values bu they were all pretty close as I recall. Because you set the range in the software the values don't really matter, just the differences.

I now have the Arch Geo mini and am building a new Res meter that uses audio output so it will be easy to set up.

Fitz.

Comment

Suggest use a Excel to see the profiles and maybe surfer o similar software to drawing data

Comment

New meter

Thanks for the link to the 3d software, I am now building a new meter that will work with my Arch-geo-mini I bought from Tim. The meter will use tones for the output and should work well with that set up. My goal is to get all my instruments to work with Tims logger. I have the res meter the Mag I built and a twin coil from Discovery. These three and of course my Bloodhound cadaver Dog should let me find the missing dead under any conditions.
              Rob.

Comment

Hello Fizt,
                With the miniLogger from Tim you will have very very good result, and easy to see the tomb, and if you calibrate well the output you will see also the 3D depth of the tomb....
                The first time you use the miniLogger you will have some difficulty to learn (for me because of my language) , i pass 1 day to understand well the logical approach of the logger ...but after it is very easy to use and very rapid in time...and the important a very good precision equipment.
                For me the little detail for the mini : it is the recognition of the port USB ...you must first load in your laptop the small program for the driver... once it will see the port for the logger and after no problem you will know the number of the port each time...

alexis.

Comment

Fitz use the interpolate in snuffler to smooth your plot out and define your target. If I get a chance I will do a small video using snuffler from importing to viewing in 3D. Snuffler outputs a VRML file for 3d viewing.

TIm

Comment

Working...
                  X