Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help amateur trying to find plastic containers in 2-3 foot topsoil/dirt, gpr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help amateur trying to find plastic containers in 2-3 foot topsoil/dirt, gpr?

I am trying to locate a plastic container, 2-4 foot deep under grass, topsoil/dirt, the area is about 30'x30' and the ground is entirely too hard to probe with a hand probe, before I dig the whole area up with an excavator I am trying to find out if a GPR will locate this??? I have found several companies that rent them but did not want to rent one and it not do the job. If it will work any suggestions on a particular unit or company that will work best for the application mentioned.

Thanks!

Originally posted by fairco777 View Post
    I am trying to locate a plastic container, 2-4 foot deep under grass, topsoil/dirt, the area is about 30'x30' and the ground is entirely too hard to probe with a hand probe, before I dig the whole area up with an excavator I am trying to find out if a GPR will locate this??? I have found several companies that rent them but did not want to rent one and it not do the job. If it will work any suggestions on a particular unit or company that will work best for the application mentioned.

Thanks!
    Full or empty container and what is its volume, if full what is inside?

Par example: empty plastic container of 50 liter buried at 2foot in not too problematic soil can be easily detected by GPR.

Comment

plastic containers and gpr

Thanks for the reply! The containers have vietnam war photo's in them, they are enclosed in zip lock plastic inside the containers. So a GPR should find these fairly easy? The ground is flat, manicured grass with topsoil, maybe some clay/gravel/sand mixture below one foot! Please let me know any other idea's or suggestions!

Comment

size of container sorry left off

the containers are 16" x 16" x 6", several of them

Comment

Thanks for the reply! The containers have vietnam war photo's in them, they are enclosed in zip lock plastic inside the containers.

So a GPR should find these fairly easy?

Please let me know any other idea's or suggestions!
          I think yes at no more than 2 feet, but for deeper it is to small in volume (to flat).

Moreover you can google for "cave detector" which can be suitable for your needs.

Do you have only photos in them, nothing metallic?

Comment

photos plastic gpr

yes that is correct, nothing metallic just paper and plastic

Comment

yes that is correct, nothing metallic just paper and plastic
              It is possible that acoustic (ultrasound) metal detector can do well job too.

Comment

Originally posted by WM6 View Post
                It is possible that acoustic (ultrasound) metal detector can do well job too.
                If nothing metallic inside the container ..... then i am afraid that the ultrasound will not have good results.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X