X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPR for Archeology?

Hi
    Do you can help me ?
    Which GPR for archaeological work and discovered the treasure is right?
    I worked 14 years with many devices But neither performance was not good for depths up.
    I have exp4000 (okm) but Performance is not good.

Originally posted by ishtar hunter View Post
    Hi
    Do you can help me ?
    Which GPR for archaeological work and discovered the treasure is right?
    I worked 14 years with many devices But neither performance was not good for depths up.
    I have exp4000 (okm) but Performance is not good.

OKM 4000 or 5000 are only named GPR for easy commercial . Because of profit expectaions . But not real GPR

Comment

Originally posted by BigBang View Post
      OKM 4000 or 5000 are only named GPR for easy commercial . Because of profit expectaions . But not real GPR
      I know 4000 is not GPR and it's a magnetometers system but i need a GPR for archeology.
      For example : mala- cobra400- easy locators---which are for archeology better?

Comment

I have been working for lots of years with GSSI GPR's and im pretty happy with their performance. We have lately conducted a geoarchaeological experiment in Cyprus and went pretty well despite the fact that the soil has been clay. In archaeology we use mainly the 400MHz antenna and the 900 MHz one.

Comment

Thank's

Hi
          Tank's of your help yes 400mhz sensor is good for archeology .please sent your device site until i look your device(GPR)

Comment

You can view our GPR units here www.geomorph.gr

Comment

Originally posted by gmorph View Post
              You can view our GPR units here www.geomorph.gr
              Hi
              Thank's for your help
              I have a question:by this device (gpr)how much penetration deep ?for example : a metal 30*30cm how much can detect to deep?

Comment

It always depends on the antenna you are having, e.g. a 400 MHz antenna will see down to a max of 4m, a 270MHz up to 6m and so on. Of course all depths are highly dependent on soil and soil condition.

Comment

Originally posted by gmorph View Post
                  It always depends on the antenna you are having, e.g. a 400 MHz antenna will see down to a max of 4m, a 270MHz up to 6m and so on. Of course all depths are highly dependent on soil and soil condition.
                  Hi
                  Yes your saying right about soil and antenna
                  I see the gpr data to internet and gpr can detect soil detail up 20 meter ?
                  http://www.malags.com/Products/MALA-RadInter

Comment

You can have a look here www.geophysical.com

On ideal conditions antennas can penetrate more than 50m.

Comment

Working...
                    X