Inside Mala-RAMAC-GPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Mala-RAMAC-GPR

Afriend give me this Ramac to checkit because of erratic function , i open it and for my surprise, a star washer and screw was free inside ....oooops i tell to my friend the lucky men he was because if this screw go to the voltage regulator legs ...Good by the ramac!!!
    I took some shoot for my friends of Geotech ....please do not ask for draw the schematic
    Alexis.
    Attached Files

Do you have pictures of the antennas?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexismex View Post
      Afriend give me this Ramac to checkit because of erratic function , i open it and for my surprise, a star washer and screw was free inside ....oooops i tell to my friend the lucky men he was because if this screw go to the voltage regulator legs ...Good by the ramac!!!
      I took some shoot for my friends of Geotech ....please do not ask for draw the schematic
      Alexis.
      Why not?
      Piece of cake!
      Send it to me, i will trace it out!
      Lithium battery... already stolen or...
      Now more serious;
      excellent photos!
      Thank You Alexismex!
      It is good to peek inside such expensive unit, because that's all, we "mortals", can do...
      Thanks again!
      Regards!

Comment

Wandering; what would be output stage there?
        Is it possible that output is inside antenna enclosure?
        Must be, because i don't see nothing that reminds me on strong output!?
        Maybe IC12 and IC22?
        What are those? Any label?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Alexismex,

Thanks for inside look !!

Look at the board with a MC68340.... not that I now how this thing works...but there are some boards that use that chip....as a mini computer ?

drawing a circuit.....only needs some more paper than the baracuda...
            Attached Files

Comment

Question about PCB layout

I see what appears to be wide tracks that are obviously connected to ground which encompass sections of circuitry. Does anyone have an idea of why this is done? I've never seen this done before.
              Thanks,
              Signman

Comment

Originally posted by signman View Post
                I see what appears to be wide tracks that are obviously connected to ground which encompass sections of circuitry. Does anyone have an idea of why this is done? I've never seen this done before.
                Thanks,
                Signman
                Probably to "disengage" stages. It is typical for HF and UHF technology.
                I am not sure about exact frequency range at this particular model... but for sure it is in Mhz and Ghz ranges....

Comment

Working...
                X