Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSAMT & RIM

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone could some what explain to me the concepts behind Controlled source audio-magnetotelluric and radio imaging. Or somewhere i could have a read about them?

Regards,

Bill

anybody?

Comment

I have a Geometrics StrataGEM that I use occasionally and I recall that the user manual covers the basic theory pretty well. You can download it from the Geometrics web site.

Comment

CSAMT

Bill,
        Log on to WWW.zonge.com they should have some background on CSAMT as they were the first to develop it.
        Its a frequeny domain sounding. You tramsmit a high power signal (20kw) square wave into a grounded dipole 3 skin depths away from your survey area (at you lowest frequency). By transmiting different frequencies you get a cagniard resistivity ve depth by taking the ratio of the squrae of the electric fields divided by the magnetic fields of a reciever that has a mag field sendor and a ground dipole 3 skin depth away. It basically a deep sounding technique. RIM would be Ground Penetrating Radar type surveys and are very shallow in depth of penetration.
        Dud
        KK7IF

Comment

Working...
        X