GEO EXAMINER – PART 1 – THE PURCHASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEO EXAMINER – PART 1 – THE PURCHASE

I just hope not to wear you off, but to share my experiences since the purchase of the device (this is a sort of a warning), the test and my impressions with it. In this first part I will talk about my experiences with the distributor.

I sold my car, a brand new Vitara 2008 just to purchase the so famous device. Among the ones with screen that I checked were the OKM Rover UC, the OKM Localizer 3000, the Geo Examiner, the Nokta Golden King (turkish copy of the OKM) and the JeoSonar (turkish copy of the Golden King). I rejected the last two due to negative comments of other users, and because its appearance itself looked cheap and heavy to operate, and I rejected the first two because of my low budget.

With the obvious remaining choice, the question was where to buy it from, so it will arrive quick and safely. Here in Ecuador things are becoming difficult to purchase anything from other countries and bring them here. There were only two places: Greece, where the manufacturer is located ( www.imagelocators.com ), and Peru, where the distributor is located ( www.medector.com – previously known as www.acovdetector.com ). I rejected Greece because I thought that it would take too long to arrive here, besides import costs from Greece would be too costly for me – I thought. So it only remained Peru. I called by phone to both David Pereira Ore and Marianela Tito Castro, who kindly supplied me with all the info about the detector, and they assured me that the device would arrive very fast – five working days – and that the import costs would be quite low, he himself would advise me to avoid delays and troubles. Due to a previous bad experience, I asked them NOT to send me the device with FEDEX, they once tried to steal another detector coming from Germany, but I managed to recover it.

I placed the order and they told me that once the payment was cleared they would proceed to ship the detector. It was Thursday afternoon. Early Friday I went to the bank in order to transfer the Money, but due to bank requirement I could not accomplish it, so I withdrew 8500 thousand dollars in cash and took them to a Western Union branch nearby, with the great risk that I could be assaulted (you can get killed for just a cell phone here). WU charged me 700 dollars for the procedure so they could receive the Money in Peru 10 minutes after submitting the money in Ecuador. I did all this just to avoid any delays in receiving the money and shipping the device as soon as possible, so I could receive the detector the following week. Can anyone be more naive? I told Peru about the transfer and they withdrew the money the next day: Saturday. Well, I thought, one day late doesn’t kill anybody. Monday passed, Tuesday passed, I emailed them on Wednesday and received an answer on Friday giving me a tracking number. I tracked….Oh surprise! The device was not coming from Peru, it was coming from Greece… just exactly want I didn’t want!! I immediately called David Pereira, but Marianela Tito told me he went to Bolivia. I demanded to stop the shipment from Greece and send me a unit from Peru, and in case they were out of stock, to transfer back the money paid, naturally loosing the 700 dollars of the first transfer. They agreed to stop the shipment and talked to their supplier, and offered they would send me a unit from Peru. Why didn’t they do that in the first place? I asked… no response. On Wednesday of the second week (since I transferred the money) a device was shipped from Peru to Quito, Ecuador… by FEDEX. Literally eating sh..… I asked Peru to send me the invoice that goes with the merchandise, in order to wait for it in Ecuador. The damm thing departed from Peru to Colombia, then to Venezuela and finally to Ecuador. Why did it go that way? Only God knows. It arrived 10 days after it left Peru, add the 12 days delay since I transferred the money. It makes 22 days waiting. And both David Pereira Ore and Marianela Tito Castro assured me I was going to receive the device within five working days.

But that`s not all…. the device arrived to customs and they saw an invoice… of 650 dollars. It came in two big boxes, weighting 21Kgs. How could a detector that big and with that weight cost only 650 dollars? Of course they (at customs) researched at the internet and found the WEB page of the manufacturer, where the cost of the unit was announced at 7500 dollars. All this research and re-pricing delayed the whole thing another month. Questions coming answers going and the people from Peru stopped emailing me. Where was the assistance, advice and support they kindly offered me at the beginning? I stopped emailing Peru and decided to grab the bull by the horns, and pay the charges and fines, resigned to loose the detector, the money and my car. Finally, due to the cost and weight, customs forced me to hire an import agent and pay his salary for the procedures. Peru?... silence.

Finally the day arrived and I received a call telling me that the device was released from customs and that I could pick it up in Quito. Excited, but worried I went to pick it up. Worried because I suspected that a used, a demo or a defective unit could be shipped from Peru, but I quickly rejected the thoughts so as to be more calm.

I arrived home with the two boxes and during the inventory I realized that there were missing parts and some of them did not correspond… but at least it was a brand new unit, without traces of ever being used. Swallowing I called Peru and told them about this. They told me to send an email with pictures showing everything I received and its status, as well as a detailed description of what was missing and what parts did not correspond. I did it so, and never, up to this very moment, I received a response from Peru. Not an email neither a phone call. Nothing. Two days passed and I decided to email the manufacturer letting him know and complaining about the lack of atention from their distributor in Peru. But God does exist and is generous, because this greek person listened me and offered to send me the missing parts from Greece, and he actually did it and ten days later I received the package with the missing parts and without spending one single cent extra…. My respects to you MR EVAGELOS KYRITSIS and his son JOHN. They kept their word.

continues…..
Working...
X