Cave in my Backyard...? rent an OKM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cave in my Backyard...? rent an OKM?

So I live in Missouri where caves are prominent to begin with right? so my dad was mowing over one of our large fields and always has to set the deck to high so as to not hit rocks. When he does hit them it unearths them and usually they're just regular rocks. Well one time he broke out this massive chunk, at first we didn't know what it was, it looked very metallic but my metal detector picked up zilch on it. But it soon became apparent that it was shaped exactly like a bunch of stalagmites stuck together.

Now I've investigated the yard more and noticed that all the little sinkholes throughout it go in a linear fashion making me very suspicious. I dug around where the rock came from but the land has been plowed before so who knows where it came out first. I've looked at many cavefinding systems like the OKM Cavefinder but they're way too expensive. Is there any possible way I can rent one?

IF I were you I would start here.

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...e=projects.dat

Any of these will find a cave.

Tim

Comment

oh ja the Earth Resistivity meter would do the same thing as the OKM Cavefinder eh? Making one at home may not be as good but it wouldn't cost thousands of dollars either XD

Comment

Working...
      X