Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with SPOT images for veg Analysis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with SPOT images for veg Analysis?

I would like to buy a 1/8 scene, with RGB and NIR bands.
    I dont need the image to be geographically referenced, but I do need it with all the image corrections that the Company can give me.

If anyone has Experience with SPOT-
    could you please help me to understand- what type of image sould I order?
    I'm a little confused with the diffrent options..

What are you talking about?

Spot Image?

NIR (Near Infra Red?)

RGB (Red Green Blue?)

1/8th image?

What company is offering this stuff?

You can do all that your self ya know!

Comment

Originally posted by homefire View Post
      What are you talking about?

Spot Image?

NIR (Near Infra Red?)

RGB (Red Green Blue?)

1/8th image?

What company is offering this stuff?

You can do all that your self ya know!
      There are many companies which offer services in processing NIR and RGB images. This is a specialty industry which does electronic processing to satellite images of areas of land. It is usually used to study patterns in vegetation because it is known the different plants will have different absorbance and reflectance depending on the health of the plants. By applying electronic algorithms to the NIR and RGB image data, much useful information can be extracted from these processed images. It is quite a complex field which is not normally used by treasure hunters, but it is definitely remote sensing, considering satellites provide the RGB and NIR image data for remote land surfaces.

I wouldn't begin to give advice on the best approach to conduct a study because this is a very specialized industry which requires knowledge of the latest developments to get the best results. The Geophysics forum section may be a better place to ask the question, because there are usually more technically knowledgable people in that forum.

Best wishes,
      J_P

Comment

Working...
      X