Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to know institutes having vacancies for remote sensing researchers/ research asosciates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know institutes having vacancies for remote sensing researchers/ research asosciates

Hii all,

I am a M.Sc Geoinformatics student from India. My masters is going to complete by May 2012. And immediately after M.Sc, I want to join some good research institute where remote sensing and GIS work is carried out to gain experience in remote sensing. If anyone knows some reserach institutes where research assosciates are required, kindly let me know.

Please note by research, I dont mean Ph.D here.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum,

I think you should get a degree for the longest thread header on the forum!!!!

I’m sure there will be plenty of inputs from the masters hear.

Comment

Here you go: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/index.html

Comment

Interesting concept - a school (institute) for LRL conmen

We really need an assessment of who the best con artists selling LRLs are and get them to teach and do "research".

Maybe we could get Del Windows to teach the graduate level. And get Bill Gates to fund the research. I am sure we could get lots of takers on this from the members a lurkers.

And we need someone of good standing like Dr. Q to teach the course on physics of why this doesn't fit in with the current scientific paradigm.

Oh yes - scholarships could be given to worthy upstanding school dropouts who have had at least 2 years prison experience - preferably 4 year graduates in this area.

Finding gold here!

Comment

Originally posted by goldfinder View Post
          We really need an assessment of who the best con artists selling LRLs are and get them to teach and do "research".

Maybe we could get Del Windows to teach the graduate level. And get Bill Gates to fund the research. I am sure we could get lots of takers on this from the members a lurkers.

And we need someone of good standing like Dr. Q to teach the course on physics of why this doesn't fit in with the current scientific paradigm.

Oh yes - scholarships could be given to worthy upstanding school dropouts who have had at least 2 years prison experience - preferably 4 year graduates in this area.

Finding gold here!
          Actually Geoinformatics is a well respected science.
          It encompasses satellite imaging, cartography and geology.
          Most of the activities in Geoinformatics are concerned with extracting useful knowledge about things that are observed on the earth from satellites.
          In the past decade this field has grown enormously because of some interesting imaging tools that were launched in satellites.

It appears akanksha.balha has not found a suitable place to ask for advice for finding a legitimate research institute.
          Maybe he does not know this forum is for hobbyists and treasure hunters who discuss ways to locate buried treasure from longer distance than a metal detector can detect.
          And it is full of hand-held experimental contraptions that attempt to do this.
          I have see few examples of equipment used in satellites here.
          However, there may be some help in the Geotech geophysics forum.
          Some very knowledgeable geologists often visit there who may know of some research real institutes.

As far as a new school for LRL con artists, this is not needed.
          There is a new one born every minute, as well as a new sucker born every minute.

Best wishes,
          J_P

Comment

Try this!

IF, You build a time machine and travel back to the late 60's you will find others just like yourself. Unemployment benifits were great! And you could really feel the vibe man.
            If that doesn't work try getting a real job stacking shelves at the local supermarket.

Comment

Remote Sensing ?

I think we need to differentiate between legitimate "Remote Sensing" and the BS that Motown Mike and Dr. Hung Pbs spread around. It seems to have confused some people that are actually going to school to learn the real science of remote sensing. As in Satellite imaging etc.

Comment

Have a look in here: http://www.geologynet.com/economiclinks.htm#jobs

Comment

Working...
                X