Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help on earth resistivity meter

Hi friends
    I want to know if here is a circuit that with it i can measure earth resistivity?
    i sow somewhere at this forum a schematic that has only one capacitor, one resistor , one lamp, one analog voltmeter. i wonder to know if it work or not?
    what voltage is need? AC or DC? how much voltage? how much amper? and capacitor is how many uF? and can i use digital voltmeter for this schematic? if no, why?
    is here any better schematic for earth resistance meter?
    thanks in advance
    Attached Files

friends, why you don't want to reply? please if any one have any info about this matter post here.
    any info is welcome
    thanks in advance

Comment

Here is the article describing the project:

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...rvey/index.dat

It is not a good design, and you should instead consider Beck's project:

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page...erm1/index.dat

- Carl

Comment

Hi Carl
        Im going to have a go at that one you recommend at some point when time permits, I read the artical seems interesting we have a local archeological society here in Bath and Ive been considering to join it together with my 80 year old mum, although I cant dig for hours on end due to my back could offer this together with metal detecting service to become part of it.

The only problem I can for see is getting some of the components because it is a dated design.

Matter of interest do you know of a modern design that will work as good as this one ?

many thanks in advance
        Regards

Comment

EPE did an update of the Beck design in 2003 by adding a data logger to it, which I highly recommend. I don't recall if the core resistivity circuitry was updated or not. Unfortunately EPE did not give me permission to post that article.

Comment

thanks a lot for help
            regards

Comment

Hi All,

I have in the past subscribed to the EPE magazine. I think I was a subscriber for over ten years. I don't do it anymore as the context of the mag has changed considerably.

In the past I have built numerous projects made by John Becker One of them is the Earth
              Resistance Meter (April and May 2003) From what I can recall it worked very well. However, Now I am Having a problem with reprogramming the Micro. It appears that there
              are two versions for the software source code. There is a version 411 and 450 both are for the resistance meter/ What I would like to know is which one works better with the PIC16F876 micro? I have copies of both the source code versions but would like an outside opinion.

Thanks for any help

Comment

Hi,

EARTHRES450.ASM is an improved version of the EPE RM.
                In "ERM COMPARE" file is visible the difference between version 411 and 450.
                Attached Files

Comment

Earth Resist

Rael,

Did you get the private message I sent you?

Comment

Hi starting to order part's to build this project have you built and used one any problems or improvements Thanks

Comment

Hi
                      Same question as Rob is this project worth building, it seems a very quite forum , is there actually anyone here built one, and if so what was the outcome.

Many regards and thanks in advance

Comment

earth resistivity -logger - Help-Help

Hello,
                        I am asking for advice, because I think you know the project Earthreslogger. I have tried to make it and I succeeded. I bought the pic from Magenta. The meter turns on, all functions work well. Except that when I try to make a measurement, is stored in memory is not anything (always 0). I'm no expert but I'm told that the EEPROM must first program it through a reader EEPROM interface to the computer (such ludipipo). In truth, another said no because the EEPR M bought virgin is initialized by the PIC and not have to program it. I ask your opinion, what is the problem and what to do and if you can help. Thank you in advance. greetings STEFAN ([email protected])

Comment

Hi STEFAN,

You don't need programming of the eeprom. If the connections and EEPROM (24LC256) are correct, the data should be stored. Check the R31 (10 k) and all connections around the EEPROM. I recommend A0, A1 and A2 /pins 1, 2 and 3/ to be connected to the ground /p4/.
                          Try another EEPROM.

Regards.

Comment

Tank's.
                            Now it work.

Comment

The good grounding system is necessary to maintain the safety of persons working or in contact with the facilities and to maintain optimal operating conditions in the various powered equipments. The various measures are made of ground and soil resistivity are designed to ensure this, not only in normal operating conditions, but also to any circumstances that override the isolation of lines. The amperis is one of the best manufacturers of the Earth Resistivity meters with high quality and also for affordable prices.

partial discharge detector
                              winding resistance meter

Comment

Working...
                              X