ERT for small buried low-contrast resistivity objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERT for small buried low-contrast resistivity objects

At the picture You can see geoelectrical model result's of inversion for standart
    and transformed(to pure anomality) ERT data.

A. Geoelectrical section with small buried object. For this section I calculate AMN and MNB data. And add 5% noise. Next I convert It to 4-electrodes arrays by two ways.

B. Result of AMNA array inversion (AMN-MNB). The data was generated from two (AMN and MNB) arrays. True anomality data free from layered host. Inversion RMS 6%.

C. Result of standart data AMNB(AMN+MNB, Schlumberger) array inversion. Inversion RMS 1%.
    Attached Files

Hi,
    The archaeologists and treasure hunters use software that makes horizontal 2D maps, such as ArcheoSurveyor, Snuffler and EPE projects.
    It shows walls, ditches, residues, cavities, necessary for archaeological research.
    This type of software uses interpolation, adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying and similar mathematical operations for obtaining image appropriate for the archaeological use.
    I think this software does not use the more complex calculations such as inversion.
    The Resistyvity meters which make the measurements for this type of software do not calculate the geometric factor 'K', in fact these are the RESISTANCE meters.
    Some problems for this type of measurements are described by Bruce W. Bevan:
    http://www.cast.uark.edu/nadag/Educa...van/Bevan1.pdf

The using of Half-Schlumberger array (Pole-Dipole array) and applying of D-transformation (AMN-MNB) is a very good way for visualisation of small buried objects (vertical 2D ERT).
    Some links:
    http://80.251.40.59/eng.ankara.edu.t...Basokur_GP.pdf
    http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1009/1009.5555.pdf
    http://www.geoelectric.ru/publ/poledip.pdf

The using of D-transformation in 3D ERT or multiple 2D Cross-sections (4D) ERT will it help for making images and bird's eye view map, appropriate for archaeological research, which can be displayed with ZondRes3D or RES3DINV?
    Interested me the use of ZondRes3D for archaeological application.
    Sorry for my bad English, my Russian is similar.

Comment

Hello I don't know special archaeological software, But I think it's like standart near surface
      software. Basically I developed software for near surface and ore tasks, some times it used for
      first meters of depths.

The main problem for D-transformation is inversion of these data. It negative/positive and have relative small values. But it have great sensitivity to local objects.

Using of 3d software needs very dense observation survey(>10000 readings) for good results. If You have same sets we can try test software with Your data.
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your response.
        I have resource for 2D 48 electrodes, currently I am not ready.

Greetings,
        Rael

Comment

What instrument You use for ERT?

Comment

This is my RM project, including programmed +/-300V, 2.5A current transmitter and Analog Devices AD7190 ADC based receiver with analog and digital filtering, all DC isolated and controlled by PIC uC. Relay matrix controls the electrodes array and allows up to 10 RX channels to be connected. Timing and algorithm for Rho and IP calculating is similar to that used in IRIS INSTRUMENT. I will have to test switching and cable system. From experience I expect from "elementary" things like cables and relays very big problems. I don't want to see inversion of noise that creates the resistivity meter. Then I can increase the number of electrodes.
            For me 100 000 is too large digit (USD or EUR) to buy such instrument.
            In the future 70 000 RUB i can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaminae View Post
              At the picture You can see geoelectrical model result's of inversion for standart
              and transformed(to pure anomality) ERT data.

A. Geoelectrical section with small buried object. For this section I calculate AMN and MNB data. And add 5% noise. Next I convert It to 4-electrodes arrays by two ways.

B. Result of AMNA array inversion (AMN-MNB). The data was generated from two (AMN and MNB) arrays. True anomality data free from layered host. Inversion RMS 6%.

C. Result of standart data AMNB(AMN+MNB, Schlumberger) array inversion. Inversion RMS 1%.
              Hi
              this is a good software i need for my detector such this software. i have a examiner software but i don't have serial number to unlock .if you can help me for your software i am happy .

Comment

Originally posted by rael View Post
                For me 100 000 is too large digit (USD or EUR) to buy such instrument.
                In the future 70 000 RUB i can afford it.
                Of course It's impossible prices for individual person! I have special commutator for cable's electrode switcing.

Comment

Originally posted by ishtar hunter View Post
                  Hi
                  this is a good software i need for my detector such this software. i have a examiner software but i don't have serial number to unlock .if you can help me for your software i am happy .
                  Send me reg file for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X