X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which tool best fits my needs

greetings all
    long time lurker, first time posting.

I come here for help hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I need to locate treasure approx 3 to 3.5 feet deep in soil.
    the treasure is ceramic in a plexiglass box.
    given the age of the treasure the box is more than likely crushed.
    I have several locations in mind but I can't dig them all because of time and location constraints.

what is the best tool for this?
    I am guessing a GPR but that is pricey.
    are there other methods to confirm such targets when you know the density of the soil and exact materials you are searching for?

thanks

You have answered it yourself GPR is the way to go, maybe you can hire one? if there was metal amongst it would tell you to build the Barracuda it can do the meter with 12x12" peace of thin metal easy using a 10" coil.
    Regards

Comment

rookhunter, your target is a non-mineralized VOID.
      IF!!! your Soil is Mineralized then you can use ANY VLF that doesn't Track/GB out the soil. You would just Manually GB the unit and then LEAVE it in Manual GB Mode to search with.
      To do tis you would need to have a Data-Logger attached to the unit, and have a coil of at lease 10"-12" to respond to the Differences in Ground Mineralization and then use software on A Laptop or Desktop PC to Veiw the displayed PATTERN. Where the Void/drop/neg response on the Map is, is where your Target is located.
      You can see some info on this at the lrlman datalogger website. the small mini logger will work fine.
      YOU DO NOT need to have any NEW Fancy Fandangled MD to do this with. like I said any OLD VLF with a lager search coil will work.
      And You will have to lay out the GRID on the ground.

Sincerely
      Bill Adams

Comment

Working...
      X