X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geochemical Prospecting and Treasure Hunting

Hi Folks,

In light of your recent discussions I thought this

information might be of interest to you!

Action Mining Services in Las Vagas sell a Geochemical Meter and Instruction book for

A bit over $100 U.S.

Here's some information from the Instruction Book.

Precious metals and Geochemicals are found together thoughout the world.

Geochemicals exist in all mineralised hard rock

veigns and placers.In this Manual when Geochemicals are mentioned we are referring to those minerals that have been or may be disolved in water.

THE PRESENCE OF GEOCHEMICAL HALOES HAS BEEN KNOWN AND USED FOR 50 YEARS

BY MANY MINING COMPANIES. Some modern

mining companies have made the mistake of looking for acid soluable geochemicals.

The acid soluable geochemicals exist everywhere

and the water soluable geochemicals exist only

around veins and deposits. Thus to use acid in the

search can lead nowhere. Placer deposits all contain geochemicals and may be located by their presence.

All mineralised areas have "Geochemical" haloes

around them that have been produced by the

wicking of the soluable minerals over the centuries.

This halo often exists for hundreds of ft in every direction. from the mineralised vein and is easily

detected with the "Geochemical" meter.

Althgough there is no Gaurantee that precious

metals exist within every mineralised vein,in gold

country[Almost everywhere] that is where the precious metals are found and only there.

Buried treasures also develop mineralised haloes

around them that extend from 5 to 100 ft.

The amount of time in the ground determines the

extent of the halo.With Silver a halo can exist in 50 to 100 yrs. With precious metal a halo will exist after

50 yrs or so,but precious metals is often buried in Metal Boxes or Boxes with iron nails or copper strips.

These will all produce a halo in 30 yrs or less.A treasure 200 years old will produce quite a halo which in some cases can be detected up to 200 ft.

The Meter can be used for many other things as well. Like testing rocks to see if they are worth

getting assayed or not.

If anyone is interested in finding out more "ACTION

MINING" Ph NO.....[703] 362 1511

Re: Geochemical Prospecting and Treasure Hunting

Thanks Marsh,

A great post. I know that Dr. Manuel Ortiz was big on Geochemical sampling. I don't don't know how long it takes to arrive at the cache by this method of searching once one is on the approximate cache area?

Richard

>Hi Folks,

>In light of your recent discussions I thought this

>information might be of interest to you!

>Action Mining Services in Las Vagas sell a Geochemical Meter and Instruction book for

>A bit over $100 U.S.

>Here's some information from the Instruction Book.

>Precious metals and Geochemicals are found together thoughout the world.

>Geochemicals exist in all mineralised hard rock

>veigns and placers.In this Manual when Geochemicals are mentioned we are referring to those minerals that have been or may be disolved in water.

>THE PRESENCE OF GEOCHEMICAL HALOES HAS BEEN KNOWN AND USED FOR 50 YEARS

>BY MANY MINING COMPANIES. Some modern

>mining companies have made the mistake of looking for acid soluable geochemicals.

>The acid soluable geochemicals exist everywhere

>and the water soluable geochemicals exist only

>around veins and deposits. Thus to use acid in the

>search can lead nowhere. Placer deposits all contain geochemicals and may be located by their presence.

>.

>All mineralised areas have "Geochemical" haloes

>around them that have been produced by the

>wicking of the soluable minerals over the centuries.

>This halo often exists for hundreds of ft in every direction. from the mineralised vein and is easily

>detected with the "Geochemical" meter.

>Althgough there is no Gaurantee that precious

>metals exist within every mineralised vein,in gold

>country[Almost everywhere] that is where the precious metals are found and only there.

>Buried treasures also develop mineralised haloes

>around them that extend from 5 to 100 ft.

>The amount of time in the ground determines the

>extent of the halo.With Silver a halo can exist in 50 to 100 yrs. With precious metal a halo will exist after

>50 yrs or so,but precious metals is often buried in Metal Boxes or Boxes with iron nails or copper strips.

>These will all produce a halo in 30 yrs or less.A treasure 200 years old will produce quite a halo which in some cases can be detected up to 200 ft.

>The Meter can be used for many other things as well. Like testing rocks to see if they are worth

>getting assayed or not.

>If anyone is interested in finding out more "ACTION

>MINING" Ph NO.....[703] 362 1511

Comment

>Hi Folks,

>In light of your recent discussions I thought this

These will all produce a halo in 30 yrs or less.A treasure 200 years old will produce quite a halo which in some cases can be detected up to 200 ft.[/i]

by what detection method ????

>If anyone is interested in finding out more "ACTION

>MINING" Ph NO.....[703] 362 1511

no web page ???

Comment

>>These will all produce a halo in 30 yrs or less.A treasure 200 years old will produce quite a halo which in some cases can be detected up to 200 ft.

>by what detection method ????

Since this statement appeared in conjuction with the Geochemical Meter, advertised by Action Mining, one would have to assume that the detection of such a 200 year-old treasure could be accomplished with the Geochemical Meter (and method).

As with so many "well written" advertising blurbs, not only for this Geochemical Meter, but also many other products --the wording is purposely vague and non-distinct.

For instance, "...A treasure 200 years old will produce quite a halo..."; does not define the size of the halo --it could be any size, and comply with this statement. We assume, by reading this, that it is big, but it doesn't have to be any bigger than a breadbox, or a tea-cup.

And, "...which in some cases can be detected up to 200 ft..."; does not indicate that we WILL find the halo 200 feet from the target. It says, "up to 200 feet". The words "up to" were chosen carefully by the ad writer. If a treasure was 200 years buried, and the halo was only detectable at 3 feet from the target, this would comply with what was written in the ad just as well as if the halo was found 199 feet from the target.

In my opinion, a field or halo of some sort, does occur around long-time buried targets and mineral deposits containing noble metals. (For that matter, less noble metals probably have a halo also, but of different characteristics.) However, I think VERY little real specifics are actually known about the characteristics of these fields. This I believe is due to the extremely wide variety of conditions around which these fields are formed, and the overall lack of field-measurable data that has been recorded about them at this time.

This situation could change in the future, as more and more treasure hunter-scientists realize the value in utilizing and tracking these fields. Thus we might refine the information we know today, so that better instrumentation can be devised to track and record these fields and ultimately utilize these fields as an aid, instead of looking at them as a hindrance.

Comment

Since this statement appeared in conjuction with the Geochemical Meter, advertised by Action

Mining, one would have to assume that the detection of such a 200 year-old treasure could be

accomplished with the Geochemical Meter (and method).

perhaps my query was a little vague to some.

to rephrase--what detection method does the geochemical meter rely on to produce an indication ???

web site ?????

Comment

>Since this statement appeared in conjuction with the Geochemical Meter, advertised by Action

> Mining, one would have to assume that the detection of such a 200 year-old treasure could be

> accomplished with the Geochemical Meter (and method).

>perhaps my query was a little vague to some.

>to rephrase--what detection method does the geochemical meter rely on to produce an indication ???

>web site ?????

Rick, the detection method is a chemical one that

detects minerals by ppm (parts per million)It can

even be used to sample water in creeks and rivers

that are thought to contain minerals. The idea is to

take samples to determine if the mineralization is

increasing or decreasing from one location to the

next. Think of the meter as a cheap type of

spectrometer.I take exception to Scafferi bashing

the claims of Mike Glenn, who is one of the most

well thought of mining men in the business. I have

known Mike for the seven years that I have been

prospecting, and I completely trust his opinions. He

is the builder of the Micron Mill Wave Table, and

former Technical Editor of Popular Mining magazine.

Comment

>Since this statement appeared in conjuction with the Geochemical Meter, advertised by Action

> Mining, one would have to assume that the detection of such a 200 year-old treasure could be

> accomplished with the Geochemical Meter (and method).

>perhaps my query was a little vague to some.

>to rephrase--what detection method does the geochemical meter rely on to produce an indication ???

>web site ?????

Comment

>I take exception to Scafferi bashing

>the claims of Mike Glenn, who is one of the most

>well thought of mining men in the business. I have

>known Mike for the seven years that I have been

>prospecting, and I completely trust his opinions. He

>is the builder of the Micron Mill Wave Table, and

>former Technical Editor of Popular Mining magazine.

Hey, wait a minute, Bill. What "bashing" are you talking about? I've never heard of Mike Glenn, and have no preformed opinions of the man.

I think chemical detection methods are no doubt as valid a way to zero in on long-time buried treasures, as anything else; --and probably a lot MORE valid than some of what we read on the LRL forums.

In my post above, I was merely quoting the words in the ad, as Marsh had transcribed them. (I have to assume they were transcribed correctly.) I was not trying to cast any unfair aspersions on the validity of the product, or the method. I was merely pointing out that given the "wording" of the ad, it was a bit vague and open-ended, and left a lot of latitude for interpretation. I still maintain that opinion, and would defy anyone to read the ad, interpret the meaning of the phrases, and come to anything but the same conclusion.

Comment

thanks responce..

interesting approach--so perhaps more qualitive than

quantitive..is the techniqe specific or broad spectrum??

Comment

Bill: Scafferi (Carl too) is an expert at bashing and then pretending he didn't intend to, or the bashee simply did not understand his innocent intent. Be careful or Carl will ban you from his forum.

Comment

>Bill: Scafferi (Carl too) is an expert at bashing and then pretending he didn't intend to, or the bashee simply did not understand his innocent intent. Be careful or Carl will ban you from his forum.

It appears that you may be the only one with a "problem" around here, and it seems you are doing everything possible to make a nuisance of yourself --just to see if YOU can get banned, I guess.

Keep it up.... it may just work for you. ;~)

Comment

Sam: Dell Winders says you have been bashing away at him almost four years and he doesn't understand why. I don't either. Why do you keep hammering at him? Anyone that comes on a LRL forum sooner or later tangles with you in a negative way and then you say it was just a misunderstanding and you are being "scientific"and they aren't. Why do you do this?

Comment

Re: Dan Peterson's Contribution??

A better question is:

What are you contributing, in the technical sense, with your recent flame bait postings??

Comment

>Action Mining Services in Las Vagas sell a Geochemical Meter and Instruction book for

>A bit over $100 U.S.

There is an "Action Mining Services" in Oregon; is this the same company? They also have a web site, www.actionmining.com, but no mention of the meter.

I've written for info on the meter. Meanwhile, Marsh, do you have any further info on it? Do you own one, and if so, can you comment on how it works?

- Carl

Comment

>>information might be of interest to you!

>>Action Mining Services in Las Vagas sell a Geochemical Meter and Instruction book for

>>A bit over $100 U.S.

>There is an "Action Mining Services" in Oregon; is this the same company? They also have a web site, www.actionmining.com, but no mention of the meter.

>I've written for info on the meter. Meanwhile, Marsh, do you have any further info on it? Do you own one, and if so, can you comment on how it works?

>- Carl

I have a 1997 Catalog from Action Mining, and it shows their address as Las Vegas, NV. Perhaps they have moved.

Anyway, on page 46 and 47 of this catalog, they describe the Geochemical Meter in some detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X