Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRADIENT ENERGY METER

Hi,

Anyone knows some schematic of gradient energy meter with coils or antennas? THANKS!!!

Re: GRADIENT ENERGY METER

Hi,

Hearth have different energy levels, called electric field. Gradient is variation of this level. A old buried treasure generates a electric fiel around him. I need a circuit like a magnetometer with the capability to measure the levels with peak indication, but for electric variations. I know a circuit called Electric Disturbance Monitor in the page The Hobby Corner, but I need some "special" device.

Bye

Comment

A natural voltage produced in the earth is called Self Potential or Spontaneous Potential. It is generated by the oxidation of ore bodies or metalic objects. Sulfilde ores will produce up to -1 volt of potential. Corroding metals can do the same. While not an electric field per se, it is best though of as a potential field. It can be measured by using non-polarizing electrodes hooked up to a high input impedance volt meter. The reference electrode is planted in the ground at "infinity" (ie about 1 km away from survey area) and the other electrode is placed in the ground and a voltage measurement is taken periodically along a survey line. When plotted a negative voltage ranging from -1 millivolt to up to 1 volt can be seen over the oxidizing body. A quick, cheap survey to do.

Comment

A very simple method of detecting a change in conductance of soils is by using a portable radio that has LF and tuning it to around 170 KHZ which is a very noisy part of the spectrum. If you observe the signal strength meter you will notice slight changes as you walk around which will be due to the changes in soil conductivity.

Nice part about this system is you can use an off the shelf receiver as long as it has an Signal Strength meter like your better models. This was told to me by a Mfr. of this type equipment and from my own observations as an operator on the license free band of 160-190 KHZ for the past +20 years, I know it to be true.

Randy Seden WD6ELU

Comment

Thanks Randy and Dudley.

This Self Potential or Spontaneous Potential, I asume, produces the light associated with treasures. Or this light only is a chemical reaction?

Comment

Working...
          X