Earth Resistivity Logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Resistivity Logger

For those interested, the current issue of Everyday Practical Electronics (British magazine) has the first of a 2-part article called "Earth Resistivity Logger." Looks interesting, click the link below for info.

- Carl

EPE April 2003

Re: Earth Resistivity Logger

Went down to my local mag. shop and they don't have it in yet. Carl, any chance you can post the article? Also, is this design basically the same as the previous one or have bigger improvements been made? Does it list depth, etc. and does the article say how to come about the software for showing the resistance? Hopefully I'll be able to pick up my own copy. Oh, does it mention what the second part will include and when will it come out. Thanks again.

Comment

Actually, I don't have the issue yet, either. I saw it mentioned on their web site. Even when I get the article, I still need to get permission to post it, and generally the publisher wants a delay of several months before I do so.

- Carl

Comment

While getting set to build the older earth resistivity logger from EPE mag I went to their web site adn discovered the updated version for 2003 April edition. Circuits and components are updated, a PIC controller is added, data storage and download to PC, along with software for processing and viewing survey results.

I know very little about electronics, but am willing to learn so i can build this device! When you figure others are selling meters for $3000 to $7000 and up it is worth the time it will take for me to build one myself.

Can anyone tell me if it is legal to use published circuits for devices intended for sale? I think many of the devices on the market today are based on circuitry published in various articles and wonder how they got permission to sell the technology.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X