Resistivity Logger PIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistivity Logger PIC

Can anyone program a 16F876 PIC for me, with the code for the Resistivity Logger project? I had planned on getting the pre-programmed part from Magenta but they informed me they don't ship to the USA.

Or perhaps someone knows of an alternate source for this part?

Thanks in advance,
    Dick

Re: Resistivity Logger PIC

I have a couple of 876's on order, and a programming board, for this very project. Should be here in the next day or so. I don't think that programming the chip will be a problem, but I haven't built the PCB yet, so cannot test it. Maybe I can rig up a simple test circuit to check functionality. Once I get this verified, I'd be glad to program one for you.

- Carl

Comment

Thanks for the offer, and I'd really appreciate it. Do want me to send you a PIC?

regards,
      Dick

Comment

My chips arrived yesterday, programmer has not (coming from the UK). If you already have a PIC, send it to me & I'll program it. If not, send $10 and I'll use one of the chips I have.

- Carl

Comment

Hello Carl --

I'll send you $10, as I don't have a PIC. Please send email with your address. Also, am wondering what programmer you are buying? I will also be in the market for one, and am starting to collect info on them. Would yours be a Quasar by any chance?

Regards,
          Dick

Comment

No, I got the PIC Micro Development board from EPE (British magazine). It programs the chips, plus is a learning platform. A bit pricey, but it also can handle almost all the DIP packages.

You can get a raw programmer, esp if it's tailored for a single package style, pretty cheap. Electronics mags have also published a few articles on building such programmers.

- Carl

Carl Moreland
            P.O. Box 184
            Oak Ridge, NC 27310

Comment

Thanks for the info -- I saw the EPE one also and will look into it a little more.

The check is on the way today, and thanks again for the help.

Regards,
              Dick

Comment

It has become really easy and cheap to program PICs.
                So for those who wants to program their PICs at home... here are the URLs to hardware and software you´ll need:

JDM (hardware)
                IC-Prog (software)

Comment

Working...
                X