Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to Carl

Carl,

Is it possible to write some text with MS Word and then place that text in this forum ?

Regards,

Jan

Re: Message to Carl

>Is it possible to write some text with MS Word and then place that text in this forum ?

No - if you want to have formatted text (which I think you should) then the way to go is to probably post PDF files. Most word processors support PDF output and it would allow everyone to easily view the documents (esp. online) even if they do not use Word (I don't). Optionally, we can also upload the source document in case someones wants to add to it or make changes.

My thoughts on this project - let's see what you think - are to create a separate "forum" that allows the upload of images, PDF files, and maybe DOC files. I'm not quite sure how to structure this, but for lack of a better idea it will be just like the discussion forum except that the Post Message form will have a few more options.

Any thoughts? Does anyone know of another on-line collaboration like we're talking about doing?

- Carl

Comment

Re: Message to Carl

>>Is it possible to write some text with MS Word and then place that text in this forum ?

>No - if you want to have formatted text (which I think you should) then the way to go is to probably post PDF files. Most word processors support PDF output and it would allow everyone to easily view the documents (esp. online) even if they do not use Word (I don't). Optionally, we can also upload the source document in case someones wants to add to it or make changes.

>My thoughts on this project - let's see what you think - are to create a separate "forum" that allows the upload of images, PDF files, and maybe DOC files. I'm not quite sure how to structure this, but for lack of a better idea it will be just like the discussion forum except that the Post Message form will have a few more options.

>Any thoughts? Does anyone know of another on-line collaboration like we're talking about doing?

>- Carl

Carl,

A separate forum would be very nice.

That way we could keep all posts about this project together.

I will think if some special features would be nice.

Perhaps it is possible to create a download page for source code etc.

An alternative would be that we just email these files to people who want them.

Regards

Jan

Comment

Working...
      X