Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Room

Guys,

Would anyone be interested in having a "live" discussion on the subject of the "sidescan project"?

If so, I set up a "club" on Yahoo. I do not see the need to use the message section, but we can send quite a number of photos to the site for storage as well as use the "chat room". I thought it might be easier to discuss some of this stuff live as opposed to e-mail. We could brainstorm and perhaps that will generate some ideas.

If interested, let me know and I'll forward you the info on how to subscribe.

Also, give me an idea on what time is best for the "chat room" hours. I live in Alaska so I am four hours later than the east coast and one later than the west coast.

Anytime on Sunday would work for me.

Let me know your thoughts. If it is a waste of time or a dumb idea it is easy enought to delete the club listing.

Patrick

Re: Chat Room

>Guys,

>Would anyone be interested in having a "live" discussion on the subject of the "sidescan project"?

>If so, I set up a "club" on Yahoo. I do not see the need to use the message section, but we can send quite a number of photos to the site for storage as well as use the "chat room". I thought it might be easier to discuss some of this stuff live as opposed to e-mail. We could brainstorm and perhaps that will generate some ideas.

>If interested, let me know and I'll forward you the info on how to subscribe.

>Also, give me an idea on what time is best for the "chat room" hours. I live in Alaska so I am four hours later than the east coast and one later than the west coast.

>Anytime on Sunday would work for me.

>Let me know your thoughts. If it is a waste of time or a dumb idea it is easy enought to delete the club listing.

>Patrick

Chatroom is good idea but a live in Holland (7-10 hrs difference ?)

So if you had chats, could you post results on forum ?

Regards,

Jan

Comment

>Chatroom is good idea but a live in Holland (7-10 hrs difference ?)

>So if you had chats, could you post results on forum ?

Hi all!

I could set up a chat room here at the geotechnology page which would keep track of all the discussion so that everybody might use it for further reference.

If you'd like me to set it up, just drop me a note at [email protected] and will be up within one day.

Regards,

Christian

Comment

I'd love to chat. I did some 'back of the envelope' figuring about when we could all chat.. Let me know if I messed up somewhere, or if this sounds reasonable..

I am in DC (Eastern Daylight Time, which is 4 hours behind GMT.

Jan is in Holland. What time zone is that? I'm going to guess +1 Hour GMT

Also where are the rest of you guys? I will assume you are in the continental US, so the west coast is going to be -7 hours GMT.

SO, If Jan chats at home at 8 pm, then the people on the west coast will be chatting at noon, and I will be chatting at 3 pm.

This works for me.. Does it work for others? I realize that I may not have figured the times right, and some people may not be available at the times I assume they are, but hey, we have to start someplace!

Also, What ports do we need to chat? I am behind a firewall at work, (where I usually am at 3pm) so I may have trouble connecting. Christian, how does your chat work? Is there a way to test it ahaead of time?

Thanks,

-Bob

Comment

Hi Bob! Try this ...

Just follow teh link bellow ... it's a chat that I set up for my new version of the TTHN (it will just match my new frame lyout) ...

Please let me know wheter it works and I'll set up one without the banner ad exclusively for the SSS Project.

Best wishes to all,

Christian

Comment

>I'd love to chat. I did some 'back of the envelope' figuring about when we could all chat.. Let me know if I messed up somewhere, or if this sounds reasonable..

>I am in DC (Eastern Daylight Time, which is 4 hours behind GMT.

>Jan is in Holland. What time zone is that? I'm going to guess +1 Hour GMT

Yes, we are +1 hr GMT

>Also where are the rest of you guys? I will assume you are in the continental US, so the west coast is going to be -7 hours GMT.

>SO, If Jan chats at home at 8 pm, then the people on the west coast will be chatting at noon, and I will be chatting at 3 pm.

>This works for me.. Does it work for others? I realize that I may not have figured the times right, and some people may not be available at the times I assume they are, but hey, we have to start someplace!

>Also, What ports do we need to chat? I am behind a firewall at work, (where I usually am at 3pm) so I may have trouble connecting. Christian, how does your chat work? Is there a way to test it ahaead of time?

>Thanks,

>-Bob

Comment

Working...
            X