Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picstart Programmer

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could find the circuit diagram of Microchip's Picstart Programmer ?

Love their MPLAB, got all downloaded and working.... but no hardware to program chip.

Got other programmers ... but would like to 'keep it in the family' so to say.

Regards, Jan

Re: Picstart Programmer

I've seen Pic programmers in Electronics Now, but their family specific. One I know of is for the 16c5x family. It's in Jan 1994. But Electronics Now does not go back that far.I got Microchip's programmer and there demo board. It does all the pics and you get the books too. MPLAB rules. Even I could figure it out.

>Hi,

>Does anyone know where I could find the circuit diagram of Microchip's Picstart Programmer ?

>Love their MPLAB, got all downloaded and working.... but no hardware to program chip.

>Got other programmers ... but would like to 'keep it in the family' so to say.

>Regards, Jan

Comment

I've seen Pic programmers in Electronics Now, but their family specific. One I know of is for the 16c5x family. It's in Jan 1994. But Electronics Now does not go back that far.I got Microchip's programmer and there demo board. It does all the pics and you get the books too. MPLAB rules. Even I could figure it out.

>Hi,

>Does anyone know where I could find the circuit diagram of Microchip's Picstart Programmer ?

>Love their MPLAB, got all downloaded and working.... but no hardware to program chip.

>Regards, Jan

Comment

>Hi,

>Regards, Jan

Comment

>I've seen Pic programmers in Electronics Now, but their family specific. One I know of is for the 16c5x family. It's in Jan 1994. But Electronics Now does not go back that far.I got Microchip's programmer and there demo board. It does all the pics and you get the books too. MPLAB rules. Even I could figure it out.

Do you happen to have the circuit diagram of the programmer ?

Their software and books I have downloaded from Microchip website.

Do you have a basic compiler I could use ?

Makes things easier to program

If you do not want to share the compiler, no problem, I understand that.

>>Hi,

>>Does anyone know where I could find the circuit diagram of Microchip's Picstart Programmer ?

>>Love their MPLAB, got all downloaded and working.... but no hardware to program chip.

>>Got other programmers ... but would like to 'keep it in the family' so to say.

>

>>Regards, Jan

Comment

No circuit Diagram, but I think it uses a pic chip that you need a program for also (catch 22).

Compiler? Like Qbasic? No I don't, I use C++. Sorry. And I use Microchip's compiler for their chips.

Comment

Tod,

Pity, but alas.

Will try first a downloaded version of Picbasic compiler.

When that does not work I'll buy it :-(

Regards

Jan

Comment

Working...
              X