Piezo Elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piezo Elements

Is there a web site address for the piezo elements you guys are referring to?

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: Piezo Elements

No, I got this info from talking to a vender (Piezo Kinetcs Inc.)and taking a transducer apart.

Comment

Tod,

Are you able to take a photo of the guts of the transducer and send it to the list so we can see what it looks like?

Patrick

Comment

Tod,

Almost forgot. Do you know what make/model the fish and transducer was?

How did you get the chance to tear one apart? In work?

Is it possible to take any kind of measurement from it and do some reverse engineering?

Thanks,

Patrick

Comment

I don’t have a camera yet, but it’s all gone but the piezo element any way. No info on transducer. It was plastic and potting compound. I have a great high tech surplus yard I’ve been going to for 30 years to fined stuff like this, no sidescan sonar there:-(. I could draw it up and give a xsec of it and post, if that would help. But that will take a little time to figure how to add arrows and notes and make a 600 dpi jpeg of it. I measure the element and then ask the vender for a price on that and size, also I can then fine tune beam and frequ on that element. As far as materials for ceramics goes, there’s a hard and soft. The hard is better at sending and the soft at receiving. But when the transducer has hydrostatic pressure on it, i.e. down deep, the hard is the best choice for ceramics. There’s another manufacture that does the molded type and they might have something that could work for us. Last time I was looking I decided against there’s because I think it needed high KV’s , but maybe that’s not a problem here. I’ll look in to it next week. Better yet, I think you all might like their sight I just found.

Tod

Comment

Have a look at this page, perhaps its something.

Cannot do much myself at the moment because I am at my girlfrieds place and she does not like it when I am behind the computer all the time.

http://www.piezo.com/ssas4.html

The material they use is Lead Zirconate Titanate

I believe that I read taht the sidescan transducers are made of same material.

regards,

Jan

Comment

Working...
            X