Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback

Just curious ... so I don't waste your time or mine, is anyone getting a benefit from my progress reports or photos?

If not, I'll go back to my corner.

Please let me know!

Patrick

Re: Feedback

Patrick, yes keep it up I am saving all your info to disk. I am the one who posted the info on others copying Dan's sidescan. I have asked them to post their results hopefully they will.

How about some info on the wiring of the transducers ?

Comment

Charles,

They must all be wired "in phase" so that the transducers all operate or push at the same time.

You begin by cutting the plug off the transducer leaving approximately 7" of cable coming off the end of the transducer. Once cut, you will notice a center wire, which is covered by insulation and an outer stranded wire covered with the outer insulation ... it looks like cable tv wire (only much thinner in diameter). Basically, you connect two of the transducers together ... having two pairs. You then connect the two pair of tranducers together making it into the final array. All connections are soldered, coated with liquid electrical tape, and finished off with shrink tubing.

You then have to test it to ensure that all of the transucers are in sync. Dan has a procedure for perfroming this test. A friend of mine, Garrett Reeve, took the transucers to work and was able to test them dry (Dan's test requires you to perform it in the water) using an o-scope. If you do not have access to an o-scope (most don't, and if I did I would not know how to use it) Dan's procedure would work (and has) fine. We are under a time crunch with such a short boating season that we had to come up with a testing procedure that was quicker. We are two hours away from the boat. The boating season is short here due to the cold weather. Quite often boats are sunk here due to ice build-up on the top of the boat ... not to stable ... new wreck dives.

At some point, Garrett will post his testing procdure as he promied. In the meantime, Dan put together a manual that on putting his fish together. You might want to send him a private e-mail on this subject. It has much more information in it than you will get from my posts. But I have nicer pictures.

Hope that helps.

Can you send me the names (and e-mails) of your friends that have Dan's clones? Maybe you could e-mail them, copying me, and introduce us.

Thanks,

Patrick

Dan has a nice manual on how he put his sy

Comment

Patrick,

I am following it am specially interessted when you fireup the whole thing.

Had a look at your photo's but I think there might be a problem.

I do not know what frequency you are running but remember that the transducers must be within 1/2 wavelength of eachother.

wavelenght=1500/freq

Wavelength is in meters !

That would be for a 192kHz transducer 7.8 mm and for 50 kHz 30mm

Regards, Jan

Comment

Jan,

The Lowrance PD-W transducers are 192 kHz with a 20 degree beam. I don't understand your comments about the 1/2 wavelength. Could you elaborate on this?

Thanks,

Patrick

Comment

Patrick,

Accoording the information I have the transducers should be within 1/2 wavelength otherwise the signals from each transducer will interfere with the other.

You can see it on the webpage shown below.

The text is directly under Figure 5.

Regards, Jan

Comment

Jan,

That is a good article. Unfortunately, the transducers are as close as I can get them without melting off the hosuing, placing the transducers next to each other, and then forming a mold around them. This is what Dan had mentioned in a prior post.

With the limited time I have left, it will have to do. I'll have all kinds of time on my hands (when not snow blowing) when October rolls around.

I would still like to see some images from the other Dan clones and hear about their results.

Charles ... did you have the chance to see any of the images? Are your friends using a Mach 1 or similar?

Patrick

Comment

Working...
              X