What are we all looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we all looking for?

I’m not looking for subs in Long Island Sound. There all radioactive :-0 I’m looking for ships from the 1700’s and there’s not much left of them so the higher frq would help. I’m not shore how far you can see in shallower water (30 to 100 feet). I think the echo starts to bounce off the surface. But if the consensus is farther distance then higher res I’ll go with the flow. I agree search patterns are boring and take a long time. OK, how about 250Khz? A transducer 400mm long will give us a .8 deg horizontal and an element 6mm wide be about 60 deg vertical. So the element size than would be 50mm long x 6mm tall x 6mm thick.

Serious, what are you looking for?

Tod

p.s.

I couldn't let "pirates r us" stay at the top of the page.

Comment

Re: What are we all looking for?

Tod,

There are only a few active people on this list that have mentioned the freq. desires.

Based on Sture's experience and past testing, I think the 250 Khz would be the way to go and be the best of both worlds (unless we had dual freq. ... 100 and 500).

My vote is for 250 Khz.

Patrick

Comment

Patrick,

Dual freq is definitely an option. To keep in the resonates frequency you double or half the freq. 250/500.

Tod

Comment

Tod,

If you say so. You, Bob and Sture have had a number of conversations already that have left me with a blank expression.

At some point (if in fact it has not been reached already ... and likely has), I won't be able to offer much on this project other than moral support and a bunch of questions.

How much more complicated or harder is it to make it into a dual frequency and what would it take?

Patrick; The Marketing Major

Comment

Working...
          X