Really long elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really long elements

Is there a reason why we wouldn't want a few, or even one really long element? It seems to me that by having fewer elements, the job of assembly gets much simpler.

Is there an design reason placing an upper limit on the element length?

If not, then I have to assume the element length is limited by how long the manufacturer can make the ceramic. Does anyone know what that limit is?

Thanks,

-Bob

Re: Really long elements

Bob,

I think the elements are cut out of material 50mm x 50mm.

For some reason that is about the size they can bake at the time.

A larger strip (say 400 mm) would snap very quickly as material is very hard but breaks easily.

I do not think the assembly will be very difficult, just take your time for it.

I do not mind working for a week (or two) on one transducer when the result is that all elements are realy parallel to eachother..

The better the transducer the better the immage.

Regards, Jan

Comment

Re: Really long elements

OK, I was just wondering.. I figured there might be a limit..

I was thinking about assembly.. we could use Sture's idea of having a template, but instead of plastic, make it steel. Then, assuming we had nickel electrodes, we could put a series of electromagnets on the template to hold it until the expoxy dried.

I think the advantage of nickel electrodes are that they are put on cold. Does anyone know of a disadvantage?

-Bob

Comment

Working...
      X