Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Subject .... Sea Viewer

[img]../images/seaview.jpg[/img]

I seem to recall someone (I think Jan) mentioning that they wanted to attach a camera to their fish at some point.

During our unsuccessful sea trials of the "fish" yesterday, we also tested Garrett's new toy, a Sea Viewer towed camera.

Garrett ordered the camera with 200' of cable. It also comes with a 5" b&w TV. The camera can be either powered by the TV or the boat's 12v system.

I was impressed with the quality of the pictures it produced.

The photo is of Garrett holding the camera with the tow aseembly. It can be towed (looking forward) up to three knots.

As you can tell, it was a very, very, rainy day out on the ocean. At least the seas were calm.

Patrick

Re: Off Subject .... Sea Viewer

Hey Patrick,

I also have the seaviewer camera. Mine looks different from yours. They seem to make changes to them constantly. Here in the Galveston area the water is so dirty that you can't see too far with it. The one time I got out into deep water with it where visibility should be very good, I got sick and had to go back into port. I hope to try it again soon. My cheap little monitor they sent with it didn't last long, hope you have better luck. I hope to get the pictures to you soon of the fish. Was planning on doing that this weekend but I believe I am supposed to go down to Padre Island and see what Bret stirred up down there.

Charles

Comment

Re: Off Subject .... Sea Viewer

Well I stand corrected, I have a seaview camera. Somehow those 2 companies must have ties. There stuff is just way to similar to be a coincidence. They even use the same TV for a monitor and the logos are similar.

http://www.seaviewresearch.com/BWseries.htm

Comment

Working...
      X