Fish Finder Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Finder Converter

This project looks like it is dying or stalled.

This link supposedly converts your fish finder into a true side scan.

http://www.freeyellow.com/members2/vistascan/

Re: Fish Finder Converter

Charles,

As far as I am concerned it is not dying.

Its just that I am waiting for some answers about piezo elements and the program I ordered.

Before that I cannot do very much, but theorize about it.

Well, have some time to build a new Lab powersupply.

Regards, Jan

Comment

Hi Jan,

For a while there seemed to be a flury of activity but it has slowed down as of late. I would be happy to help, I'm just not sure how I can contribute to the project. Let me know if there is something I can do.

Thanks,

Charles

Comment

[img]../images/fish_deployment11.jpg[/img]

I would love to help, but you guys would be done with the project and in a retirement home by the time I caught up to you on electronics and programming.

Maybe it slowed down since I stopped bombing the list with photos.

I'm just in the "lurk" mode for now and waiting for you guys to tell me what piezos to order. A friend of mine did tell me that the book listed below is well worth the purchase. I'm going to order it on Friday.

Principles of Underwater Sound

R.J. Urick

McGraw-Hill, 1975

Re-released by Peninsula Publishing, 1997

The photo is of me launching the "fish" off my boat. The "fish" is a couple of feet in the water. Was that a flat ocean or what???

I will post an e-mail on how the system worked as well as some operational "do's and don'ts" soon. We are still in the "test" phase interpreting data.

Back to "lurk" mode.

Patrick

Comment

I'm glad to see your still here Patrick. I actually have a degree in Electronics from the University of Houston. I have played with electronics as a kid, am a ham operator since 13 yrs old, and decided to make it my career and went to college. I designed and built many things although I had to use something like a Z80 or 8085 with external RAM and ROM. If they had the equivalent of PIC chips back then, I wasn't aware of them. Heck, a PIC chip back then was a "programmable interrupt controller". I was fairly competent and enjoyed building and programming. I went to work after college in the field for about a year. Then of course I went to work for a bank and have not kept up with current technology much less remembering what I used to know. I'm sure I could assemble boards or help out in some way. I can still solder

Thanks,

Charles

Comment

Working...
          X