Accumeter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carl-NC
    I have suggested that the Accumeter ground resistivity meter is essentially the same as the Survey Meter project, based on a schematic that an Accumeter (Model IV, I think) owner sent me. Meaning that the Accumeter can easily be built for $40-$50.

I recently acquired an Accumeter VI. I've only opened it for a quick look, which showed that, indeed, it is trivially simple. When I get some time, I'll draw out the schematic and post it.

- Carl
    hello carl. are you interested in selling your Accumetor VI or if not would you be able to send me the complete schematic. Ill gladly pay you for your time. thanks again . hank.

Comment

I don't want to sell it just yet. I got delayed on drawing the circuit, because the unit is out on loan right now. I'll draw up and post what I have so far.
      - Carl

Comment

accumeter

I have the Accumeter VI circuit mostly drawn out... I'll try to finish it up, and post it.

- Carl
        look forward to it! when complete please let me know. thanks carl. regards hank

Comment

This is what I have so far. I need to double-check the value of the cap, and to make sure I've drawn the VOM hook-up correctly.

Once you remove the DC-AC converter, the power supply circuit for the VOM, and the switch network, you are left with the equivalent circuit at the bottom. A resistor, a light bulb, a capacitor, and a VOM. All for $3495. Is that capitalism, or what?

- Carl
          Attached Files

Comment

EARTH RESISTIVITY METER

Found in internet.

Originally from The Radio Constructor (1966). Have ten levels for each depth. Maybe you can added more... The combinated key select the desirables electrodes.

Only have the info in Spanish and Russian.
            Attached Files

Comment

production costs

Thanks Carl; I plan to try one of these just to see it work. To be fair the nice box these are put in are about $45 wholesale. Electrodes and wire another $10 and advertising is expensive, but 100% tax deductible. When you add built in data logging and control the production cost might shoot way up to $500. :-) The unit being offered by lrlman that will take any dc input seems a fair price at around 1k.

Comment

With the AL's Accumeter, Fitzgerald's Mother Lode Locator, and Kellyco's GPLs, the case is the single most expensive item. I agree, the logger Tim has is a far, far better deal.

- Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Esteban
                  Originally from The Radio Constructor (1966). Have ten levels for each depth. Maybe you can added more... The combinated key select the desirables electrodes.
                  Basically a Wheatstone bridge... the multi-level electrodes are interesting.

- Carl

Comment

Oratron

I Agree.

Oratron wich works via non-metallic electrodes (copper sulphide-drops) maybe is the better. Sorry the images. Also, another option of this schematic is the Geiger counter.
                    Attached Files

Comment

With the AL's Accumeter, Fitzgerald's Mother Lode Locator, and Kellyco's GPLs, the case is the single most expensive item. I agree, the logger Tim has is a far, far better deal.

-
                      Carl
                      carl, i'm interested in the "logger" mentioned above. How can i get in touch with Tim?

regards, hank.

Comment

Go to lrlman.com... ignore the LRL garbage, that stuff doesn't work... the "Arc-Geo Logger" is the device that does work. It does not perform the same function as a resistivity meter, so if you were looking at res. meters, you'll have to determine if Tim's device is suitable for your needs.

- Carl

Comment

Carl,did You finished schematics of accumeter

I am wondering if You finished this schematics of Accumeter.It will be usefull having one at home and for that price too!! Think that is a good piece for metal detecting,and finding water.
                          Stay good and fast up hill

Comment

No, my Accumeter is still out on loan. I don't know when I'll get it back.

Comment

No need for rush

OK, Carl, we wan't to make pressure on You eny time will be good. that shema could be preciose,for us little diggers

Comment

Need help ! Yelp!

Trying to make earth res.meter....and need help.
                                Any body know suitable replacement for 2072,2082,2081 op.amps? I can not find
                                those here where I am living(europe)....
                                Any replacement?
                                I can not find eve any information on those ic's....
                                And one more thin ...what about LM 1812?
                                thanks in advantage
                                best regards!

Comment

Working...
                                X