Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accumeter VI

Unregistered Guest

Default resistivity meter

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I saw the resistivity meter of Ikumi 5.Nice device.Where are the schematics ,PCB and other information for trying to build one please?
    Somebody can help me?
    hi alex,

the 2 probe "4probe" resistivity wiring diagram and some info are posted here already by Carl.....the pcb is very simple...just a matter of soldering...

Smile MESSAGE FOR IKUMI

In the forum there are only ,,some,,info about accumeter VI. I want to build it because I looking to have one from more than two years...I have not enough money to buy a professional device ..Maybe for a expert people like many in this forum is not a problem...I'm just a begginer in electronics,in fact I've started now for the reason mentioned above... Ikumi does something more than a simple soldering ,I think.And if he is a japanese man(I supose )
    he is very skilled ,and has a real PCB well done .Maybe he can help me with all information
    I need .IKUMI if you want to give me a hand this is my email:
    reliance2007@libero.it
    Or if you sell your device I will buy (I will make myself a gift for this Christmas)
    Thanks
    Alex

Unregistered Guest

Default accu resistivity

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    In the forum there are only ,,some,,info about accumeter VI. I want to build it because I looking to have one from more than two years...I have not enough money to buy a professional device ..Maybe for a expert people like many in this forum is not a problem...I'm just a begginer in electronics,in fact I've started now for the reason mentioned above... Ikumi does something more than a simple soldering ,I think.And if he is a japanese man(I supose )
    he is very skilled ,and has a real PCB well done .Maybe he can help me with all information
    I need .IKUMI if you want to give me a hand this is my email:
    reliance2007@libero.it
    Or if you sell your device I will buy (I will make myself a gift for this Christmas)
    Thanks
    Alex

hi alex,

in truth, im no expert either in geophysics and electronics, but i tried my very best to build one and understand how the circuitry works......it is a big advantage before you assemble the thing....here are some material you need...for accumeter VI pattern.

a 12 volt battery (mine is 7ah)
    a battery charger
    a 12 volt (input) power inverter (mine outputs 220vac)
    a step-down transformer from 220vac to 24vac
    a multimeter
    a selector (rotary switch)
    a push button switch....etc etc

ill try to post here some of my bill of materials and some pics... so that you can have a better idea.....

a piece of advice.....before you start building your resistivity project, try to understand first how it works, what are its capabilities and what are its drawback.....you might change your mind....anyway good luck........im now trying to manually log all my readings so that i can have a visual through a software....this is much better......

ill compile first all my things and post it here for others to see......i wanted to help....
    g

Unregistered Guest

Default capacitor and resistor value

hi carl,

in your previous post regarding diagram of accumeter VI, there is an equivalent circuit at the bottom....

for 24 vac, R= 130 ohms, C= 1,000mF@63VOLTS

how about for 220 vac?.....what will be the values for resistors and capacitors?......or can i remove the resistor and the capacitor from the circuit? what are the pros and cons? Need your help sir....thanks

50Hz or lower (square wave) Accumeter Frequency

Meter scale for Accumeter VI
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Accumeter VI

Are you sure is 50Hz?
    I don't think it is possible to work in Europe with 50 Hz because of possible interferences with the main power frequency already connected to ground point. How can we know this for sure? 50 Hz is OK for USA because main power is at 60 Hz. But if we want to use the accumeter in Europe I think we need an inverter at 60 Hz to avoid interferences and wrong mesurements. Did anybody really mesured the frequency and seen the shape of the signal?

If it really is 50 Hz square wave, than another question is what kind of square wave? is it all positive like pulse? Or it has also the negative side as AC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaud View Post
    Hello Carl,
    I look better to the circuit and could not understand the use of a polarized capacitor 200MF in a AC circuit. The AC will pass through ... no doubt.
    Strange schematic.

Klaud,
    If you mean the polarized capacitor 220uF / 63V - this one is ok, because it works in pulse positive voltage, you can see the dioda before it that cuts the negative

Carl, can you help me with this information?
    Inverter frequency is 50Hz? Did you measure it?

I dont think is 50 Hz because I read some specs form FLUKE Ground Rezistivity meters that says like this:

Measuring voltage: Um = 48 VAC (primary)
    Measuring frequency: 128 Hz (125 Hz on request)
    Noise current (Iext): max. Iext = 10 A (AC) (Ra < 20 )
    max. Iext = 2 A (AC) (Ra > 20 )

Measuring principle: Current/voltage measurement
    Measuring voltage: Um = 48 Vac.
    Short-circuit current: > 50 mA
    Measuring frequency: 128 Hz (125 Hz on request)
    Probe resistance (Rs+ Res): max. 100 k
    Auxiliary earth electrode resistance
    (Rh):max. 100 k
    Additional error from Rh and Rs: Rh[k] �� Rs[k/Ra[] �� 0,2 %
    Monitoring of Rs, and Rh with error indicator.

UM Measuring voltage limit 20/48 V
    Earthing impedance (measuring frequency 55 Hz)

To ensure most feasible interference suppression during measurements, the
    instrument is equipped with 4 measuring frequencies (94 Hz, 105 Hz,
    111 Hz, 128 Hz),

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Sorry for not getting back on this... I need to take some oscope measurements still, but basically the inverter output is a 24 volt p-p square wave. It is taken off some internal point of the power inverter.

Folks, please don't use a power inverter, and put 120vac on the probes! Very dangerous!

Also, the big cap is 1000uF @ 63v.

I'll try to make some time to finish the measurement, and post a formal schematic.

- Carl

George,

It would be 50Hz or 60Hz, as it's just an ordinary power inverter. This is not a Fluke design and cannot be compared to a Fluke. It doesn't matter whether the waveform is all-positive or bipolar, the ground doesn't know the difference.

- Carl

Low Frequency = Deeper Penetration

Default Acumeter VI

Hello: In 2003 I build resistivity instrument similar to Accumeter, I use this capacitor, 2,500 uf 50 VDC, in the project: An underground survey meter by Harold P. he said: (Capacitor C1 bypasses the ac current and must be of a very low-leakage type.) and I use a very diferent lamp, is interesting the reaction, but now I want build a new similar instrument, I want use a digital multimeter, next here share the experiment.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

precision capacitor.
    treasure hunting is the best hobby

hi
    in the underground surney meter project wath amper need for ac 24 volt?
    and wath is better frequency ?
    regards
    mehdi

Cool questions

Quote Originally Posted by mehdi View Post
    hi
    regards
    mehdi
    hi. can ENYONE post a complete and full detailed schematics for accumetre pro vi?
    Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mehdi View Post
    hi
    regards
    mehdi
    ؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

Default Cave

Please I am requesting any information on Accumaster,Accumeter,MML,OKM cavefinder and so on. Which is better? I do not care the cost price and similar crap.(39,95 3995)Work or not work?
    Thank you, Toni.

Default Accumeter VI

Carl, Will you build me the equivelent to the Accumeter VI including the rods and wire TURN KEY? I will pay you of course. I am not schematic savvy at all and I am totally disabled. I have some acreage to search. So all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry, I don't have the bandwidth right now. Maybe someone else could help?

Hi
    Im looking for a circuit to allow me to connect arc geo logger to my accumeter IV
    Basically i understand this must be a circuit that can convert resistance levels from accumeter to audio levels.
    If any of the members can help i wil appreciate a schematic to add to my accumeter IV
    In advance many thanks
    Nelson

Hi
    Im looking for a circuit to allow me to connect arc geo logger to my accumeter IV
    Basically i understand this must be a circuit that can convert resistance levels from accumeter to audio levels.
    If any of the members can help i wil appreciate a schematic to add to my accumeter IV
    In advance many thanks
    Nelson

Does anyone know how to mod accumeter to digitilice signals and plot results via software ?

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Hi
    In advance many thanks
    Nelson

The Accumeter is a really poor design. If you're going to go to the trouble of adding a data logger then you should just build the design that was published in Everyday Practical Electronics several years ago:

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/page.../erl/index.dat

[Sorry I don't have the articles on-line, you can get them from EPE]