Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ishtar hunter View Post
    Hi dear saromines
    I can not transfer data of EPE to program .the earth resistivity.exe and snufler have error com port or other error. Does Anybody able to send data to computer ?
    I read the ocx note of orogram ,he say in this note:

To use Joe's option, though, several changes need to be made to ER's PCB, without which the facility cannot function. They are:

1. Cut the track (0V) connecting to IC7 (MAX232) pin 13.

2. Connect IC7 (MAX232) pin 13 to 9-pin serial socket SK3 pin 3.

3. Connect IC7 (MAX232) pin 12 to IC5 (PIC) pin 18 (RC7).

This action allows the PIC to receive handshake data from the PC.

To set the PIC program to respond to the correct serial data transmission routine, initiate the following procedure:

1. Before switching on power, press and hold down the Mode switch, S6.

2. The screen will go into serial path change mode, alternating at about one-second intervals between a display saying "SERIAL PORT NORM" (original version) and "SERIAL PORT OCX " (Joe's OCX).

3. Release switch S6 when the mode you require is shown. This mode becomes the active path mode and is also stored into the PIC's data EEPROM, to be recalled next time the program is run.

4. On release of switch S6, normal running of the PIC program resumes. The serial path mode may be changed whenever you choose.

5. Ensure that the PC is also set for the chosen mode, as follows:

Exit this text file and use the buttons then shown to choose between this new OCX option and the original (normal) serial mode. Click YES for Joe's OCX, NO if you want to use the normal serial download as originally written into the ER program, or CANCEL to exit without making a change to the serial path used (the screen display repeats these options).
    Is that necessary? and i can not find the button he says in step 5 in to program !!

After doing the modification choose the mode "SERIAL PORT NORM" only, As you said, I think the software you used is not snuffler?
    On my ERL I can upload data to snuffler/ERM.exe smooth and easy..can you upload some clear photo on your ERL board? What crystal did you used?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	340424Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	569.1 KB
ID:	340425Hi saromines
      I did all these steps.but I convert port to usb.
      crystal :3·2768 MHZ
      do you can sent me your software? please help me.Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	340421Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	340422
      Thank's so much

Comment

• I think, the crystal must be 3.6864MHz.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	EPE OCX.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	340427

Comment

[ATTACH]29749[/ATTACH][ATTACH]29750[/ATTACH]Hi saromines
          do you can sent me your software? please help me.[ATTACH]29746[/ATTACH][ATTACH]29747[/ATTACH]
          Thank's so much

Yeah,,rael is right i think your problem is solved..ERL crystal is good in 3.6864 or 3.686MHz.. see the schematic not the part list, i have not try the RS232 to usb converter..my suggestion is restore it in EPE OCX mode and try if it is working or not before using rs232-usb converter..

password: ram

Earth Resistivity 450.hex.zip

Saromines Ramiel

Comment

• Hi dear saromines
            My problem is not solved with change the crystal .I'm still having trouble COM port. I think the problem is in Settings PIC's when i program the hex file .please see this image.I did these settings.
            for ocx step my program setting in earth resistivity .exe also change to : &h2F8C:\
            C:\EARTH RESISTIVITY\PIC FILES
            No File Selected Yet
            No File Selected Yet
            No File Selected Yet
            No File Selected Yet
            1 Version 0 = standard serial path, 1 = enhanced OCX serial path
            2 OCX port value

please reply me
            Thank's so much.Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	340443

Comment

Hi dear saromines
              My problem is not solved with change the crystal .I'm still having trouble COM port. I think the problem is in Settings PIC's when i program the hex file .please see this image.I did these settings.
              for ocx step my program setting in earth resistivity .exe also change to : &h2F8C:\
              C:\EARTH RESISTIVITY\PIC FILES
              No File Selected Yet
              No File Selected Yet
              No File Selected Yet
              No File Selected Yet
              1 Version 0 = standard serial path, 1 = enhanced OCX serial path
              2 OCX port value

please reply me
              Thank's so much.[ATTACH]29783[/ATTACH]

Try to program your PIC (PIC16F876) with the new hex above, don't change the crystal stay the 3.6 and the fuse bits also try to use snuffler this time..as for reference.

Comment

• Hi
                I need the EARTHRES 450.HEX source and i can not find in EPE magazine do someone can help me? my pic is 16F876A but i change to 16F876.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20140423_182645 (2).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	340450

Comment

HiI need the EARTHRES 450.HEX source and i can not find in EPE magazine do someone can help me? my pic is 16F876A but i change to 16F876.[ATTACH]29795[/ATTACH]
                  I upload the hex file above..the one I used to,,..16F876A or 16F876 does not matter..its all the same. Download hex file and extract it, password is ram. see post #109 in zip format.

Comment

• Hi dear saromines
                    The file you uploaded you've just copied your desktop and i do not find post 109???and Friends say I did all changes such as change crystal and hex file 450 and snuffler software but also i have com port problem and I do not know what to do?? dear rael I can not find pic 16F876 in my country and i used PIC16F876A but i change the crystal and step for IC max and pic and when i use the 450 hex file the Part of screen fonts are not properly and also i have com port error and I do not know what to do??? I cut pin 13 IC max and connect to pin 3 com port so pin 12 IC max connect to pin 18 PIC. I use snuffler software and earth resistivity On different computers With different operating systems and with out convert port to usb but i have problem. Does anyone have assembled this circuit? And can someone tell me where is the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saromines Ramiel View Post
                      I upload the hex file above..the one I used to,,..16F876A or 16F876 does not matter..its all the same. Download hex file and extract it, password is ram. see post #109 in zip format.
                      At a previous project (EPE Pic LCF meter) i used a Pic16F628A in place of 16F628 and the project did not work properly. When i used the 16F628 it worked very good. So maybe the 16F876A to do not be the correct IC.

Comment

• In Earth Resistivity logger using 16F876 and 16F876A micro controller is working good trust me I try them both..the only difference on them is the additional fuse bit setting as what I have seen on my programmer nothing more...so to ishtar hunter you made a good PCB so there is no reason i think that you made a faulty ERL..the trouble is there try to be patience double check your work step by step especially from comport pinnings and to the software settings.. try this hex below.....Password is: ram
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I think there' something error with my attach file..can someone show me how to upload file correctly?

Comment

• Correct now..with no error!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• zixelll

Originally posted by ishtar hunter View Post
                              [ATTACH]29749[/ATTACH][ATTACH]29750[/ATTACH]Hi saromines
                              do you can sent me your software? please help me.[ATTACH]29746[/ATTACH][ATTACH]29747[/ATTACH]
                              Thank's so much
                              Hi You have got this device protocol file you are going to give me time

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20140719_214938.jpg
Size:	570.2 KB
ID:	341319Hi ivconic i built this EPE and set with snuffler software but I'm having trouble setting up this device.my question is: what function of test button?
                                How are potential ground zero?
                                The system displays the numbers is it the ground Resistance? I test with resistor but I can not detect my resistor (test) ohm's!!
                                when we want to scan a area , What is the setting for current and gain we must do?
                                My friend graduated from geophysical, He says you need to calculate the current and voltage for each grid until can get the true ground's ohm's.
                                Does anyone have a standard table(data grid) schulumberger ?

Comment

Working...
                                X