No announcement yet.

EPE resistivity logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to understand me, i am "over occupied" with huge pile of much different works, handmade and repairs...
    Usually i am working parallel on several handmade. To much schematics, to much pcb's, to much various projects. Everything mixed in my head! Once i solve some problem; usually i note it in my documentation (huge pile of greasy papers) and same moment i forget it for good! Resmetar was done months ago...for me that means "years ago", i don't remember a thing from it!
    If i need to do it again i must list through my documentation and read all over again and remind my self.
    If you didn't asked and not posted photos with those funny symbols on LCD - i would never dig out what is the problem! Just minute ago, reading your last post i took my papers and saw corrections i made over printed pcb!!
    Totally forgot about it!
    Regards!

Comment

My friend Ivconic, there is nothing to said sorry for, cause the pcb i made is the same from the EPE 2003 and conections are fine, that means that my pcb already has the tracks as you pointed out.
      Here i m sending the pcb i made from the magazine.
      Instead of that, i will keep looking foward to find the problem. The pic has i said earlier, is 16F876, not 16f877 and i dont know if this could be the problem.
      Thanks for your time and i really understand that doing mulltiple things can confuse anyone.
      I wish my problem was the one you said, but is not and i still have it.
      Take care and best regards
      Nelson

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
      Nelson....i am very sorry!
      My mistake!
      If you used my pcb than i now what is problem!
      I made few small (yet bad) mistakes on that pcb. I missed two connections.
      When made it i also had same problems as you and after couple hours of scratching head i founded out! Two missing connections!
      Sorry, sorry, sorry!
      I totally forgot that ! I forgot to post corrections later! Until now, nobody asked me about this so i forgot to post corrections!
      Ok...to solve that problem is VERY EASY! Don't worry.
      Look on posted picture and apply those two changes. Just connect those traces and your problem is gone forever!
      Sorry again!
      Best Regards!
      Attached Files

Comment

It is not possible to mix F876 and F877 - those differs much. F876 is right and only, for this resmeter.
        So, not pcb with my errors?
        Than what the hell is problem there?
        First time i switched ON my resmeter (with errors on pcb) i got same funny symbols on LCD, stuck and not normal behavior....
        Hmmm???
        It is up to you , to locate what's problem there...
        Regards!

Comment

Yes i m using pic 16F876, xtal is ok too.
          Yesterday i re checked al traces again and again and nothing
          Anther question, if posible to make a bench test on the lab to see if the circuit is working. I mean not to use electrodes, just resistor for example, to see if thsi is realy working? Where should i connect the resistor or lectrodes just to make a small test?
          I know you are busy, but just answer me just when you can.
          In advance many thanks and have a nice day.
          Regards
          Nelson

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
          It is not possible to mix F876 and F877 - those differs much. F876 is right and only, for this resmeter.
          So, not pcb with my errors?
          Than what the hell is problem there?
          First time i switched ON my resmeter (with errors on pcb) i got same funny symbols on LCD, stuck and not normal behavior....
          Hmmm???
          It is up to you , to locate what's problem there...
          Regards!

Comment

Like i said; use some tub and fill it with dirt. Put short cables and small electrodes...best way to check it...
            Put P1,C1 on one side and P2,C2 on other side of tub...

Comment

earth resistivity logger (probes)

hi every one i had finished an earth resistivity logger from john becker but i have not interstand for how to buil probes.

please tell me what's p1 c1 p2 c2 and and their places in sk1 sk2 ...sk4

thanks

regars

Comment

Earth Resistivity Meter

Dear Ivconic
                Good job!Thanks for ur guide.I interest for it.
                Can u send Final PCB,Partlist and Schematic Pls?
                I will be very thank u.
                Goodluck

Comment

Sorry i can not post that here. You can download regular copy from official EPE page.
                  Regards!

Comment

Earth Resisitivity

My friend Ivconic
                    I will be happy to send these files to my email pls
                    [email protected]
                    thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by batman1972 View Post
                      My friend Ivconic
                      I will be happy to send these files to my email pls
                      [email protected]
                      thanks again
                      No way. I am not redistributing such materials arround.
                      Sorry.
                      Until guys from EPE do proclaim those as free.
                      I don't see what is the problem; you to visit official EPE site and download all the files from there?

Comment

Earth Resistivity

Thank u again Ivconic
                        I will download files.
                        GoodLuck

Comment

ResLogger pic prgramming

Hi Ivconic

I recently built the J. Becker's ResLogger and MagLogger, but I somehow fail to program the PICs; it seems that the problem is in the programming board or related programming software, or there might be an incombatibility of the .hex file provided from EPE.

However, since I see that you got your project working fine, I think that the problem should be mainly in the programming board, or perhaps in the PCB(?).

Hence, I would like to ask you which programming board/software you are using, and if you would be interested in programming the PICs for me, if possible.

To discuss this further, I could provide you with an email address.

Regards
                          lazzy

Comment

ResLogger pic programming

Dear friends,

some more info from the process of programming the EPE ResLogger PIC, etc.:

a) get yourself a reliable pic programmer (software and hardware) - for some reason the one I use (Velleman K8076 kit) is unstable and it definitely cannot program the pic16f877-20 (or 877A) controller (at least under Windows XP), used in the MagLogger, while it might sometimes program the pic16f876 used in the ResLogger - I am now in the process of getting a PicKit2 unit + software, hoping that this one might function more reliably

b) the awkward (for most components suppliers) frequency of 3.6864 MHz from crystal X1 seems to be necessary for a reliable function of the pic16f876 and the whole circuit, particularly for transferring data to the pc; I tried to use a 4MHz xstal and, while the circuit seems to work ok, data transfer is not possible (under WinXP), most probably due to the small difference of output frequency in the IC3 comparator (147Hz from the 4Mxstal instead of 137Hz from the 3.68Mxstal, as described in J.Becker's text)

c) depsite some negative comments I have seen in this forum and elsewhere, the desing of at least the ResLogger (EPE PCB Project #38 is correct and the circuit works well, as designed by J. Becker, provided the correct components and pic programming have been used, and the text is thoroughly read and understood

d) last, but not least, thoroughly check all soldering and placement of the various components on the pcb, as well as output voltages, frequencies etc, after power is supplied to the circuit with all components installed

more on this as construction advances...

lazzy

Comment

EPE resistivity logger

dear ivconic
                              what is new part list for ur pcb?
                              pls explain about indicate points
                              goodluck
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi every body

pardon me if this question is sounds like stupid one ...

there are 5 programs file with this schematic. two in .hex and two in .asm and on in .INC, so please let me know which IC need to be programmed with which files?

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X