EPE resistivity logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

somebody please help. now I am making EPE ERM, but I dont know how could I use it, could any body help me to use it step by step?

regards

Comment

Hi ivconic I've made the analog model (resistivity) but i don't know What is the arrangement of the electrodes? and (current selector) and gain? please if you know the Identification ohmic Tell me.for example What ohmic show to metal & void &water ?
      Thank's so much.

Comment

OK... for the last time...
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ishtar hunter View Post
              Hi ivconic I've made the analog model (resistivity) but i don't know What is the arrangement of the electrodes? and (current selector) and gain? please if you know the Identification ohmic Tell me.for example What ohmic show to metal & void &water ?
              Thank's so much.
              You will have to define your own references, considering gain and out resistance.
              It depends mostly on soil type, humidity... etc.
              For a start make your own testing field with some cavity.
              Start with Gain=1 and Out Res=0.
              Leave Gain=1 and rise Out Res respectively and see the results.
              Etc...etc... there is plenty job for you on the field while learning it.
              Keep up the pace and be patient.
              Cheers
              !

Comment

RM15 Manual in section 5 and 6 offers useful information about the use of Resistance Meter.

http://www.geoscan-research.co.uk/page22.html
                http://www.geoscan-research.co.uk/RM...anual_2-98.zip

"Earth Resistance for Archaeologists" by Armin Schmidt book links:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/125257497/...Archaeologists
                http://books.google.bg/books?id=Al1W...Resistance+for
                +Archaeologists+-+Armin+Schmidt&source=bl&ots=936CKnCudJ&sig=X9FJ-
                DwrDb_3EDaDesarHeDnBPw&hl=bg&sa=X&ei=rkjuUfqLNsjms waZ1oDADw&ved=0CDwQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Eart
                h%20Resistance%20for%20Archaeologists%20-%20Armin%20Schmidt&f=false

Comment

Nice work Ivconic I remeber early time team ( UK archaeology program) geophis using resistivity with GPS to plot walls and ditches to good effect. They used a board about 2 meters long and pushed it into the ground every meter or so. They went over to magnetometer as it's quicker and higher sample rates would be interesting to see a side by side plots of different sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Koala View Post
                    Nice work Ivconic I remeber early time team ( UK archaeology program) geophis using resistivity with GPS to plot walls and ditches to good effect. They used a board about 2 meters long and pushed it into the ground every meter or so. They went over to magnetometer as it's quicker and higher sample rates would be interesting to see a side by side plots of different sites.
                    Most probably it was Schlumberger or Wenner array:
                    http://www.google.rs/search?q=schlum...w=1440&bih=761

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
                      You will have to define your own references, considering gain and out resistance.
                      It depends mostly on soil type, humidity... etc.
                      For a start make your own testing field with some cavity.
                      Start with Gain=1 and Out Res=0.
                      Leave Gain=1 and rise Out Res respectively and see the results.
                      Etc...etc... there is plenty job for you on the field while learning it.
                      Keep up the pace and be patient.
                      Cheers
                      !
                      HI ivconic
                      Thanks for the answer
                      if we want to build your digital resistivity do you can give Schematic and hex file?

Comment

Originally posted by ishtar hunter View Post
                        HI ivconic
                        Thanks for the answer
                        if we want to build your digital resistivity do you can give Schematic and hex file?
                        My? It is not my digital res....
                        It is John Becker's "Earth Resistivity Logger" published in EPE magazine, April&May 2003.
                        You will have to look for it on EPE pages

Comment

Hello,
                          I ask for your help because you are more experienced than me.
                          Last night while I was trying to make the data download the PC crashed.
                          Then I turned off the PIC resistivity logger and then the PC.
                          Today when I turn on the PIC again appear only square in the first row of the display as in the image.
                          I've tried:
                          1) to change battery
                          2) change the display
                          3) change the microchip 16Fxxxx
                          4) I unplugged and reinserted all ICxx
                          5) I noticed and cleaned up a bit 'of some oxide of copper tracks, but there were long
                          but I do not have anything resolved.
                          Do you have any advice or has left the logger for no apparent reason?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-05 21.46.57.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	337277

Comment

Originally posted by algol View Post
                            Hello,
                            I ask for your help because you are more experienced than me.
                            Last night while I was trying to make the data download the PC crashed.
                            Then I turned off the PIC resistivity logger and then the PC.
                            Today when I turn on the PIC again appear only square in the first row of the display as in the image.
                            I've tried:
                            1) to change battery
                            2) change the display
                            3) change the microchip 16Fxxxx
                            4) I unplugged and reinserted all ICxx
                            5) I noticed and cleaned up a bit 'of some oxide of copper tracks, but there were long
                            but I do not have anything resolved.
                            Do you have any advice or has left the logger for no apparent reason?
                            When the LCD displays one row of block characters (as shown in your attachment) this means the PIC is not running.
                            Usually there is some problem with the oscillator. Check you have the correct values of capacitor across the crystal, and you've set the oscillator mode to XT.

Comment

Tank's very much. Now I verify and we inform later.

Comment

Originally posted by algol View Post
                                Tank's very much. Now I verify and we inform later.
                                I Have changed the cristal and now it's all right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X