No announcement yet.

EPE resistivity logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is born from the fact that I can no longer do the downloading of data. I also did the hardware variant Joe Farr proposed in the text. But I can not. I built this straight serial cable without handshaking. In your opinion is the cable? How can I fix the problem?

Another thing: in your instrument Click image for larger version

Name:	serial_cable.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	337289, in test mode to the letter B in the first line of the display always or sometimes max 0, while in the normal way is not it? There is some contact to control?

Comment

Originally posted by ivconic View Post
      Finished....
      Hi ivconic .thank's for your answer but i need this resistivity Schematic and hex file, how I can find it?

Comment

Dear Ivconic

I m almost finishing my analog earth resistivity meter (very similar to accumeter IV), so know i m looking for some information to use this detector with arc geo logger, but i donĀ“t know how to link this unit to detector.
        So if you have any information that can help me, i will appreciate it.
        Best regards
        Nelson

Comment

discepancy epe res schemas

Hello, I have a strong doubt on the patterns of EPE resistivity and ask for help to the experts: in the scheme of Becker, capacitors marked in red are well oriented (+). But in the picture of the same magazine the two capacitors highlighted (1 near the max 232 and the other near inverter) are on the contrary oriented. What 'is the right position? I have the problem of not being able to do the download of data and always appears on the monitor, in test mode OB and Max A. Can you help me to solve? Tank's in advance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by algol View Post
            Hello, I have a strong doubt on the patterns of EPE resistivity and ask for help to the experts: in the scheme of Becker, capacitors marked in red are well oriented (+). But in the picture of the same magazine the two capacitors highlighted (1 near the max 232 and the other near inverter) are on the contrary oriented. What 'is the right position? I have the problem of not being able to do the download of data and always appears on the monitor, in test mode OB and Max A. Can you help me to solve? Tank's in advance.
            That should be easy for you to check. Simply measure the voltage across each capacitor, and then compare to the polarity symbols on the capacitor body. If it's wrong, unsolder the capacitor and put it in the right way round.

Comment

Qiaozhi, tank's.
              For you the scheme of Backer is correct?.
              But it's have inserted in article two foto very strange with discrepancy in this two point. For me the capacitor in the 2 foto are the same tipology and of same constructor and ..... are inverted!!!

Comment

Hi does anyone have hex file for this resestivity? please help

Comment

HI ivconic do you have hex file for this resestivity?

Comment

Qiaozhi, tank's.
                    For you the scheme of Backer is correct?.
                    But it's have inserted in article two foto very strange with discrepancy in this two point. For me the capacitor in the 2 foto are the same tipology and of same constructor and ..... are inverted!!!
                    I have an EPE Resistivity Logger which is non-working, that someone gave to me some time ago. One day I'll get around to getting this working.

Considering the two capacitors:

C5: +ve goes to pin 7 (GND), and -ve goes to IC2 pin5 (-5V). IC3 is a 7660 used to generate the -5V supply for the opamps. The PCB layout matches the schematic, but the photo appears to show the capacitor inserted incorrectly.

C12: +ve pin goes to IC7 pin2 (V+), and -ve pin goes to TB1 (+5V). Again, this is correct and the schematic matches the PCB layout, but the photo shows something different.

It looks like to me like John Becker inserted a couple of his capacitors back-to-front when he built the prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by ishtar hunter View Post
                      HI ivconic do you have hex file for this resestivity?
                      I think this is the hex file attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi dear qiaozhi
                        thank's so much for hex file.

Comment

Hello to all the teachers how to scan into the system once if you explain thanks.

Comment

Hello

I built this device, but I think there is some problem, I explain my situation and ask to please guide me if you can:

when I turn device on, it shows Soil Resistivity and few moment later It shows "128B Max" does it correct?

after I do "test" without any probe it shows some thing like this: 0L2736H and some times it shows 0L 0H and I think the second one is right one, but whats the problem?

and finally when I pushed the save button it suposed to change the number which come after # like (#20) in first and second line? right? but it does not change it and remain 0 on line firs and # on second line.

Regards

Comment

Hi

I have a look on my PIC and see that the name of it is : 16F876A but the one has been wrote on epe magazine is without end A. so could it cause any problem like what I said on my last post?

Regards

Comment

Hi,

PIC16F876A, has a different programming algorithm, and hardware.
                                The use of PIC16F876A instead PIC16F876 can create problems.
                                During the compilation must be select the correct library <16f876.h> or <16f876A.h>.
                                In the case of use a "HEX" file, you must use the correct PIC uC.

Best Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X