Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Thank you.
    I have not problem to load the Hex code, this is OK. I use the MicroPro for programming.
    But i have problem to load the program for data logger.
    who program do you use, to see the graphics as this???? ""1465182_561868257231498_109982940_n.jpg"""

Regards

I use snuffler master Geo, to use snuffler make the board modification in RS232 interface circuit or Serial OCX. without board modification i fail to load the data into snuffler.

See bellow for details;

1. Cut the track (0V) connecting to IC7
    (MAX232) pin 13.
    2. Connect IC7 (MAX232) pin 13 to 9-
    pin serial socket SK3 pin 3.
    3. Connect IC7 (MAX232) pin 12 to IC5
    (PIC) pin 18 (RC7).
    This action allows the PIC to receive
    handshake data from the PC.
    To set the PIC program to respond to the
    correct serial data transmission routine, initiate
    the following procedure:
    1. Before switching on power, press and
    hold down the Mode switch, S6.
    2. The screen will go into serial path
    change mode, alternating at about one-second
    intervals between a display saying
    “SERIAL PORT NORM” (original version)
    and “SERIAL PORT OCX “ (Joe’s
    OCX).
    3. Release switch S6 when the mode you
    require is shown. This mode becomes the
    active path mode and is also stored into the
    PIC’s data EEPROM, to be recalled next
    time the program is run.
    4. On release of switch S6, normal running
    of the PIC program resumes. The serial
    path mode may

By: EPE

Comment

Thank you.
      Did you know if i can find the Snuffler for free???

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Thank you.
        Did you know if i can find the Snuffler for free???

Regards
        look here...

http://web.archive.org/web/201202140....html#download

Comment

Thank you Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Williams View Post
            Nice one TIM..

Comment

The Snuffler link work again. Version 1.12.

http://www.sussexarch.org.uk/geophys....html#download

Comment

earth resistivity meter

Hi
                I build this earth resistivity meter, but when i connect test resistor between c1 and c2 ,ohm meter display does not change in the different resistances.
                please help me.
                Attached Files

Comment

This type resistance meters is called "4 point resistance meters". Measured resistance is placed between C1, P1 and C2,P2 terminals.
                  Read also part 2 FIELD TEST UNIT and look Fig. 11.

Comment

Originally posted by rael View Post
                    This type resistance meters is called "4 point resistance meters". Measured resistance is placed between C1, P1 and C2,P2 terminals.
                    Read also part 2 FIELD TEST UNIT and look Fig. 11.

Hi rael is there any 3D software other than snufler which good to use on EPE Resistivity meter?

Comment

• Hi,

If question is for EPE earth resistivity meter (1997) 3D software, EPE ERM (1997) doesn't have logging function.
                      Measured data is set manually. Putting data for 3D software manually is too hard.

2D Software for earth resistivity meters with mobile frame, (EPE Earth Resistivity Logger, TR/CIA Resistance Meter,
                      Geoscan RM4, RM15, RM85):

EPE Earth Resistivity and Magnetometer Logger.
                      ftp://ftp.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/pub/PICS/EarthRes_2003/

Snuffler

TerraSurveyor /ex. ArcheoSurveyor/ Price $4080.
                      Work in trial mode for 30 days after installation and all graphics are overprinted with “TRIAL”.
                      http://www.dwconsulting.nl/TerraSurveyor.html

The biggest problem is in EPE Earth Resistivity Logger limitation, not in Snuffler software capabilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by rael View Post
                        Hi,

If question is for EPE earth resistivity meter (1997) 3D software, EPE ERM (1997) doesn't have logging function.
                        Measured data is set manually. Putting data for 3D software manually is too hard.

2D Software for earth resistivity meters with mobile frame, (EPE Earth Resistivity Logger, TR/CIA Resistance Meter,
                        Geoscan RM4, RM15, RM85):

EPE Earth Resistivity and Magnetometer Logger.
                        ftp://ftp.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/pub/PICS/EarthRes_2003/

Snuffler

TerraSurveyor /ex. ArcheoSurveyor/ Price $4080.
                        Work in trial mode for 30 days after installation and all graphics are overprinted with “TRIAL”.
                        http://www.dwconsulting.nl/TerraSurveyor.html

The biggest problem is in EPE Earth Resistivity Logger limitation, not in Snuffler software capabilities.
                        About EPE Earth Resistivity Logger limitation? yeah you're right. I try terrasurveyor..thanks for the links..rael.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20140423_182645.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	340345Hi tim villiams
                          I build the earth resistivity but my software is magna radar and earth resistivity that is not good , I download snuffler software but this software can not set with my EPE data format
                          please help me .how i can set my device with the snuffler? this software is very good .please help me
                          Thank's so much.

Comment

• Hi to all
                            Do anyone know how we can open txt file of(dada logger EPE) in to snufler?

Comment

• Modify the RS232 connection circuit see post #91 then on the snuffler create project, Import file, import name, download..

Comment

• Hi dear saromines
                                I can not transfer data of EPE to program .the earth resistivity.exe and snufler have error com port or other error. Does Anybody able to send data to computer ?
                                I read the ocx note of orogram ,he say in this note:

To use Joe's option, though, several changes need to be made to ER's PCB, without which the facility cannot function. They are:

1. Cut the track (0V) connecting to IC7 (MAX232) pin 13.

2. Connect IC7 (MAX232) pin 13 to 9-pin serial socket SK3 pin 3.

3. Connect IC7 (MAX232) pin 12 to IC5 (PIC) pin 18 (RC7).

This action allows the PIC to receive handshake data from the PC.

To set the PIC program to respond to the correct serial data transmission routine, initiate the following procedure:

1. Before switching on power, press and hold down the Mode switch, S6.

2. The screen will go into serial path change mode, alternating at about one-second intervals between a display saying "SERIAL PORT NORM" (original version) and "SERIAL PORT OCX " (Joe's OCX).

3. Release switch S6 when the mode you require is shown. This mode becomes the active path mode and is also stored into the PIC's data EEPROM, to be recalled next time the program is run.

4. On release of switch S6, normal running of the PIC program resumes. The serial path mode may be changed whenever you choose.

5. Ensure that the PC is also set for the chosen mode, as follows:

Exit this text file and use the buttons then shown to choose between this new OCX option and the original (normal) serial mode. Click YES for Joe's OCX, NO if you want to use the normal serial download as originally written into the ER program, or CANCEL to exit without making a change to the serial path used (the screen display repeats these options).
                                Is that necessary? and i can not find the button he says in step 5 in to program !!

Comment

Working...
                                X