Surf PI Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    have anyone here tried the dual field coil for surf pi or is same performance like the monoloop (for example 2*150 till 180 microH in serie 15cm inner 30cm outer)
    I produced just like that coil with 25 rounds and 55 rounds. The end result was 1.12mH coil which is similar inductance than these test coils usually have. So I would not except my coil behaving bad with PI circuit.

Comment

Hi Bernd,

Glad to hear my PCB worked for you. I have not tried any of the substitute parts that have been suggested on here - I would like to know how you get on with them, and if there are any improvemnets in detection.

It would be nice to try a dual field coil but i think much more difficult to manufacture into a useable coil for beach work. The mono coils are so easy to put together using PVC pipe, and they are rugged and waterproof, how could we do that with a dual field coil?

Regards, Jim.

Comment

hello jim

i would be easy with the dual coil if you take a concentric coil housing
        for example a diy vacuum formed

in that coil you can place the dual field coil, the connector area (where the conector cable goes through) has to be filled with resin or clear laquer
        and the rest of the shell could be filled with pu foam

or you find a souce where you can buy the original type of housing
        (if you find let me know)

regards

Comment

Here is my double coil. Everything is attached with multipurpose construction clue and waterproof is made with silicone. Output is water pipe T model wich has rubber tightener inside and gives waterproof output.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroi View Post
            ...and waterproof is made with silicone.
            ...which keeps water from entering a contraption but also keeps vinegar fumes inside (released by silicone), and not too long after your copper connections will surely corrode. I did this mistake some time ago with a balun transformer. The entrails of it were mostly disintegrated after only one season

Comment

hello jeroi

how is the performance of your detector

have you tested your coil already?

go on, looks good

have my assembled in special shielded housing but im still not sure what coil i will use at the end
              monoloop in bended water pipe with t connector

or a dual field like yous in massive coil body

heavy decision

regards

Comment

Yes coil has aprox 40cm deep capability. I am going to build Surf-PI soon in couple weeks but at the moment I have the eti-561 circuit.

Comment

hello

my video is here
                  http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=39

hope its alright and works

not found the ensetup but it shows tat project works

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Davor View Post
                    ...which keeps water from entering a contraption but also keeps vinegar fumes inside (released by silicone), and not too long after your copper connections will surely corrode. I did this mistake some time ago with a balun transformer. The entrails of it were mostly disintegrated after only one season
                    Agreed!

Comment

• Originally posted by TH Jim View Post
                      Agreed!
                      There is a NON-Acidic Silicone Also Available.

Comment

• That one could do, but I'd go for hot glue instead. Works the same and its faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
                          hello

my video is here
                          http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=39

hope its alright and works

not found the ensetup but it shows tat project works

regards
                          Dont you have the CIrcuit print some where still? I was wanting to use your circuit as it is more suitable to wire all the pots in same side of the mobo. How ever your black and white image is zoomed from real image and it prints the hole paper as zoomed to big circuit. Don't you have schematic files for eagle anymore?

Comment

• hello jeroi

look here
                            http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=32

regards

Comment

• Yes but you edited it as you have all the potentio meters on one side of the mobo?

Comment

• all pots at one side?

thats no problem you have to connect all post via cable to pcb

did you nee any photos?

Comment

Working...
                                X