No announcement yet.

A nice screendump of a aircraft wreck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice screendump of a aircraft wreck.

This is a JU-52 in one of the Norwegian fjords.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screendump_023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	722.7 KB
ID:	367984

Hi neighbor

Wich sonar used you for this?

mvh
    Rüdiger

Comment

Originally posted by Rüdiger View Post
      Hi neighbor

Wich sonar used you for this?
      The sonar record was made by a friend of mine, using a Imagenex Yellowfin at 800Khz.
      By the way, the JU-52 was a Lufthansa machine.
      If I remember correctly, the aircraft is the D-AQUB that sank as a result of a potong being damaged during landing i rough sea March 1940.
      3 passengers drowned.

edited to correct the information on the aircraft.

Comment

The famous "Tante Ju" :-)

Comment

Very nice image. What kind of software do you use? I own a Imagenex Sportscan and win881ss software is super old.

Comment

The data was recorded with a Imagenex YellowFin, using the YellowFin software.
            No post-processing was made to this data before doing the screendump.

For post-processing I use SonarWiz 5 and Isis 6 software, and also some converters to convert "non-supported" sonar data into e.g. XTF files before processing.

Do you use only the Sportscan win881 software that was delivered with the sonar? Any post-processing software?
            For example the SonarWiz software has direct support for real-time recording for the SportScan, but the cost of the software are higher than the cost of a new SportScan..........
            You can save some dollars if you can manage without the realt-time support for recording, and use the win881 for recording, and SonarWiz for post-processing.

Please send me a PM if you would like more information regarding post-processing and so on......

Regards,
            Glenn

Comment

Working...
            X