Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable Ground Penetrating Radar Complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable Ground Penetrating Radar Complete!

Well after another year and a lot of work have a unit field tested. Have found many dumps, trash pits and privies. My hobby is looking for old bottles. I have relocated to the Augusta Georgia area and have a pit to dig on Saturday that I found with the radar.

Depth is determined by type of soil. Here in Aiken I can easily see 10-12 feet down. This unit operates with a center frequency of 500MHz; will have a 250MHz unit done soon. Files can be saved in .sgy format fro post processing. Have a few filters built into the windows and android software.

First picture is unit by itself can be dragged across the ground, second is cart system ready to use, third is cart system collapsed for storage/transporting, forth image is privy "1880 outhouse" see through 3 inches of asphalt, last image is one of the bottles found in the pit "only known example of J.M. Wilkins Grocer Tucson A.T." ARIZONA TERRITORY!!!!

Happy New Year to all. Karl in Aiken SC
    Attached Files

So how affordable is it?

Comment

Right now I am at $4995 for pull along antenna/electronics with skids (weather proof SKB case), USB connection. Includes Android and Windows software. Cart is $495 and Toughbook CF-30 is $495. Really trying to get the entire package to $4995.....

www.easyradusa.com

Software is written for me in Europe, hardware and antenna made in South Carolina.

Thanks for your interest, Karl

Comment

Karl, I'd like to see some videos of the device in action. I guess it can't be borrowed for some testing prior to purchase. And what about shipping overseas? You mentioned software being made in Europe, so perhaps there are some people here representing your device?
        Pictures are very promising. I recently tested and refused a device with poor rendering of gas pipes. It also had multicolour screen in one of the setups, but to no avail.
        I guess the device I tested had problems because of poor choice of antennas, most probably with gain.

Comment

Can you tell me who made the device you tested? Was it a true GPR? Will have much more on my website soon, including videos.Thanks, Karl

Comment

I'll see on Monday what exact device it was, and send you over via private message.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

I like more depth dose it have 200 MHz or 100 MHz antena

Comment

GPR

Yes I will have 250MHz unit done in two months and on my website. I may do a 100MHz unit.....

Originally posted by drlogin View Post
                  I like more depth dose it have 200 MHz or 100 MHz antena

Comment

At least some new innovative thing compared with the more and more boring other stuff in this forum.

Important is a directly useful ground signal output on smartphone or small tablet.
                    The wheels perhaps are a bit too small.
                    As Davor said, some real tests are needed so we can see at what distance it will detect
                    cavities or empty bottles and not just huge loads of buried junk incl. glass 2meters deep.

I'm shure it will detect such big distortions if the ground nearby is untouched
                    but most of the time there are single objects to find so we need to know
                    how deep those are detecteble if they have a certain size and at what soil-conditions.

Collecting bottles can start automatically if someone takes all the stuff he finds
                    to its home after treasure-hunting ... - if those are old and rare its a very good idea.

5000 bucks is not really "affordable" but of course its much better than 10 - 20.000.
                    And the good thing is: someone can easily roll this device over the ground for a long time and distance.

A very important implementation would be a digital squelch or trigger output:
                    Some audio signal if the detection or signal level reaches a certain lower or higher than usual level.
                    Should be no problem for an average coder to make the smartphone "beep"
                    if the settings to certain signal-levels have been applied.

Someone can not always walk while looking on the floor etc.
                    and analyze at the same time also the display-output.

@ gadgetmaker
                    500 MHz will have much better resolution and it is a question of used
                    EM field-energy how deep it penetrates. It also depends on the antenna size.

Comment

My cart works well over rough terrain and the wheels are large enough. My unit detects voids, tunnels, plastic pipes and drums as well as a host of other anomalies. I will be updating my website soon with screen shots of many different detected items. Also I have lowered the price of the antenna/electronics to $3995. This may not be affordable to you, but I believe it to be a great value.

From your other comments it seems like you have built your own unit? Can you send pictures of your unit and screen shots of your software?

All the best. Karl

Comment

Hey Do you finished 250 Mhz antena
                        Regards

Comment

Can you provide more info on the capabilities of the antenna, e.g. scans/unit, samples, scans/sec, PRF etc. Is this unit FCC and CE approved? Is the antenna shielded?

Comment

i don't know so much you can read about MALA antenna

Comment

Working...
                            X