Plans for a Resistivity meter and a Refraction Seismograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for a Resistivity meter and a Refraction Seismograph

Here is the link to the PDF file:http://file.scirp.org/pdf/JWARP20111000002_23639434.pdf

I have a really good refraction Seismograph software program that if you PM me I will send it to you. It used to be up on this University site but sadly no longer there. It gives you a professional looking graph of the underground layers and has a nice tutorial on how to use it and is simple.

Far as the resistivity software it should be out there in the public domain.

A very useful paper for refraction seismograph is here:ftp://geom.geometrics.com/pub/seismi...veying_r4a.pdf

As you can see it's now in an FTP file so you'd better grab it while you can.

In reading over the paper again the Refraction Seismograph plans are what to use as a geophone and plans for the amplifier for the geophone. On ebay you should be able to find a cheap hand held Oscilloscope that has storage capability and hopefully an adjustable line to measure the first break (back decades ago they just had tube oscilloscopes before they came out with a print out to make the measurement easier so I think a hand held storage scope should do the job). In the program you just input the spacing between the geophones and the time of the first break.

Last edited by Seden; 01-14-2018, 09:53 PM. Reason: more information

I would be interested in the software.

Comment

Here's a free refraction Seismic program that looks excellent! http://www.vs30.it/en/smartrefract

Comment

Is this the same software you were offering if we PM'd you?

Beav

Comment

No.

Comment

Ok. Thanks.
            And thanks for sending me the one you offered above. Lots to read and study up on.
            Have you built any of these? Which one (if any) do you use yourself?
            Beav

Comment

Beav,

I haven't built any of them as I already have commercial gear but thought those how can not afford it can make their own.

Comment

Working...
              X